New Youtube Layout Help Needed

Mishkin

A few days ago, my Youtube layout has changed to something simply horrible. I hate everything about it, and that's aside from the fact that half of my features are either a pain to find if not impossible to find.

The one feature in particular that would be VERY nice to have would be filtering search results by upload date. For some God-forsaken reason, the new Youtube layout simply doesn't have this feature in the "filter" list. Everything else seems to be there, at least to my knowledge...except pretty much the only filter I ever use...upload date.

I have no problem sorting videos in any specific channel by upload date, but I have so far found it impossible to do the same for a general Youtube search. Does anyone know where I can find it? Or better yet...know how to get my old layout back? It's driving me freakin insane.

Edit: There are upload date filters in the list, but they are only limited to Today, This Week, This Month, and This Year. So the best I could do if I wanted to find a video uploaded within the last hour would be to choose Today. If I wanted to find a video uploaded a few days ago, I would have to choose This Week and pour through hundreds upon hundreds of videos. The filter by upload date I am talking about orders the search results by newest to oldest.

Last edited:

Mishkin

Sigh...one of the unfortunate things (or perhaps fortunate depending on the slant) about being me is that when I have a problem and ask for help about it, actual help is exceedingly rare because most of the time no one else knows the solution either.

Thanks anyway, guys.