Newbie with a question

beavs

I went to the Dell's website, to browse what PC I want. It only narrows it down to a couple since I rather not buy a monitor from them. They had what I wanted except for the processor, it only gives me the Intel core 2 extreme and it was nearly $3,000 dollars.

This is what I'm looking for or close to it. Suggestions welcome.

Product
Windows Vista Home Premium

Monitor

Samsung 245BW 24" Widescreen (great reviews unlike the dell monitors)

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo or Quad

Memory
4GB

Gaming (graphics)
ATI Radeon X1600, The Nvidia GeForce 7600, or higher

Hard Drive
500GB is that enough?

Optical Drive
Unsure

Last edited:

Tuffie

Yeah man build your own.

You should be able to do a pretty fair system (Such as the on you posted) for a lot less then $3000

If you give us a budget and the type of CPU and graphics card, I am sure we will be able to give you a pretty good look build.

Tuffie.

cohen

Budget??

What is your budget and i can build you a computer - i will give you some links.

G25r8cer

Build your own or buy a more reliable pc than Dell!! I recommend HP, Acer, or maybe even a gateway but not a DELL!!

Vizy

Alot of people dont like dells but, ive never even had one so i cannot comment. for the 3 grand your putting down, its a waste, i can tell you that for sure. It sure is better to build it, but if its not for you, go for a reliable company like HP, Acer, or even something along te lines of compaq (the other members are throwing up here). but our first computer ever was a compaq and its like 10 years old and still runs. never had a problem. we dont use it though, slow as crap.

jc240

i built my own and its a dell they aren't bad but im just trying to get rid of the dells i have now. i have like 4 or 5 desktop dells im trying to get rid of.

beavs

I definitely don’t want to spend 3,000 dollars. That’s absurd. I went to Circuit city and saw this new model HP Pavilion Media Center M8430F Desktop PC. It’s going for $949.00.

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Hard drive:
750GB

Hard disk drive speed
7200rpm

Memory Type
4GB of DDR2 memory

Optical Drive Type
SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit): NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT graphics with 512MB dedicated memory, an addition to the main system memory, and 1791MB total available video memory

15-in-1 media card reader

But as far as budget goes, I want to keep it around $1000-$1500. Build away :)