Newegg vs. TigerDirect

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Tiger's shipping charges are nuts. Plus, they're out in IL and I'm in CT. If I order from NewEgg, I usually get my items within a day or two, even when it's standard 3 day. NewEgg's prices are also cheaper than Tiger.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
ttar_egg_03_v_launch.jpg
>
TigerRoar.jpg

:p

Chuck_Fu

banned
I love newegg there interface is so much better to use then tigerdirect theres is awful. neweggs shipping prices are reasonable and shipping is fast always have everything within 3 days. Tigerdirects shipping is expensive I do not buy there if I cant help it.

The best out of all i think is NCIX. Especially if you are Canadian because they are based out of BC. Their customer service is great and selection is too. Idk about the us version but the canadian version does price matching. You just submit the link of the lowest price (for Canada must be canadian site) and they match it.

MouSe

Ok, so Newegg wins.

Now, I really want to build my own PC. But on CyberPower PC I can get the same stuff for about $200 less. I'm sure rebates would take care of that, but I wouldn't have to mess with mailing them in.

What would y'all do?

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Personally, I would still go for Newegg for three reasons.

1) You really get to see the EXACT parts your PC is gonna have
2) Some of the parts CyberPower/i-Buy-Power use for PC's are not quality stuff (PSU, Cases, Motherboard) Buying your own stuff, you can choose quality parts which will be worth the little extra $
3) You get a good experience at building a comp (unless you've done it before) and it's always fun to build a PC

Chuck_Fu

banned
Personally, I would still go for Newegg for three reasons.

1) You really get to see the EXACT parts your PC is gonna have
2) Some of the parts CyberPower/i-Buy-Power use for PC's are not quality stuff (PSU, Cases, Motherboard) Buying your own stuff, you can choose quality parts which will be worth the little extra $
3) You get a good experience at building a comp (unless you've done it before) and it's always fun to build a PC

I am with you on all that stuff. I have built 5 computers and each time has been an learning experience and it is fun to do but can be frustrating but a lot of stuff is frustrating.

graedus

The best out of all i think is NCIX. Especially if you are Canadian because they are based out of BC. Their customer service is great and selection is too. Idk about the us version but the canadian version does price matching. You just submit the link of the lowest price (for Canada must be canadian site) and they match it.

actually i find directcanada.com to be cheaper than both NCIX and TD if you're in canada. also based in bc, and customer service is kick ass.

edit:
here's an example

DC - http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14040MN9097&vpn=LS24HUCEBQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung

TD - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3728682&CatId=2775

NCIX - http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=28369&vpn=LS24HUCEBQ/XAA&manufacture=Samsung

and ignore NCIX's price rebate as both others don't offer one on this monitor. (not by much, but DC is still cheaper than NCIX's rebate price)

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Have you purchased anything from Newegg's Canada site yet? How are their prices compared to NCIX?