Newer itunes library to older version

jmedina

I just got my second PC up and running. Sure, it's 8 years old and running Windows 2000. I just downloaded an older version of itunes a few minutes ago and my second pc is running Windows XP and the latest version of itunes. What I just did was authorize the computer running 2000 and transferred the songs from my XP machine to my 200 via a flash drive. When I put it in and dragged and dropped all the songs and open itunes it says it cannot read the library because it was originally made with a newer version of itunes. Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong category. How do I solve this?

Droogie

ehh, you may not be able to unless you have the newest itunes. I know how apple is very controlling like that. Don't know for sure though.

jmedina

On the PC running 2000 it is 7.3.2.6. On the XP machine it is running 7.7. Maybe if I made a backup disk, but I don't have any blank cd's.

Last edited:

Droogie

well if you just transfer the songs as .mp3 files, there should be no problem adding them to the old itunes. Don't transfer the library, transfer the songs.

jmedina

They are all in MPEG-4 protected file.:mad: Except for like 4 songs. I don't get why they can't make them universal. Do you think it would work if I made a backup disk and put it in the PC running 2000. That is what I did when I got my ibook, but I was running the same version my PC was running.