norton 360

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
i ran another hijackthis scan and some of the items you asked me to check are still there is that ok

What items remain? When you fix items in hijackthis make sure all windows are closed except for hijackthis.

billozz

i made sure the only windowopen was hijackthis and the following items are still in the hijackthis log

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.e xe"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Hijackthis shouldn't be having problems removing as they aren't locked. However, have you tried removing them again?

billozz

i will try again and let you know, are they causing a problem by being there, i have already detected an improvement in the computer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't cause a problem, they are just unneeded to start at bootup. You can also stop those entries from running by using the msconfig utility. Click on start click on the search box and type msconfig hit enter. when the system configuration utility shows up click on the startup tab and uncheck those items and then click on apply, ok and then reboot the system.

okapixel

for anyone that uses Norton, take note that you are wasting your money and bottle necking your PC..... norton is a resource hog, get with the program and use MSE or AVG