Norton ANtivirus

I recently bought a Update of Norton and it will not let me load it, is there any ways that one can get a refund? If not how well does Avast stand up to Norton?

PC eye

banned
Returning Norton for a refund would depend on where you bought it. Got a sales slip for a retail store? Norton compared to Avast, AVG, AntiVir all having freewares falls asleep at the switch and falls into the McAfee recycle bin! That's the best way to descibe that poor excuse for software.

hdansjr

Be glad you cannot get norton to load. Avast! is a great free program, as is AVG. But norton...no. Do a search about norton at this forum, and you'll see what norton is really like and what people think about it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
ooh yeah Norton antivirus is no good.

If your dead set on purchasing an antivirus then i think that Kaspersky antivirus , i use it and its great.

However the free ones such as AVG and Avast do the job well too.

Scrat

Unfortunately, i don't think that you will be able to get a refund. Most shops/retailers have a return policy on software & Music/Movie Media that once the plastic sleeve seal is broken, you cannot return it (due to people copying then returning it).
If you don't want to fork out more money for a different antivirus program, or dont want to try they free ones, then post up the errors you are getting with the install and we "may" be able to help get it working.

PC eye

banned
In most circumstances the plastic wrap has to remain intact for a return. It mainly depends on the return policy of where you purchase the software. Most of the time however once you have torn open the seal and opened the retail box "you own it"!

If you recently saw an autoupdate go onto the current installation you may be running into a version conflict when trying to install the addon update for this reason. Often once you initially see the prompt for "do you want to install the latest update now?" and proceed to see that downloaded and installed the local database stored on the drive as well as drivers are newer. This is one likely reason for the problems unless you got a bad disk or it was covered with finger marks.