November Folding Marathon!

ScOuT

VIP Member
Burn it up...of course it has a lifetime warranty:D

Crank the fan up to 100% and see what happens after a few hours.

ganzey

banned
I quit using my GPU client as it started to create some coil whine. :(

dude, that's probably not coil whine. the exact same thing happened to me, just mute ur speakers. whenever folding is open i hear a high pitched noise, but it coming from speakers.

bomberboysk

dude, that's probably not coil whine. the exact same thing happened to me, just mute ur speakers. whenever folding is open i hear a high pitched noise, but it coming from speakers.
You running a GTX275 perhaps? Theres an issue with the vregs in the GTX275's that cause a whine. Also, if your running one of a few nForce motherboards as well as two cards in SLI it can cause whine in audio.

Aastii

VIP Member
gonna try to get my mums system folding, my sisters folding and my step dads folding, they won't do much, but should probably do about the same as mine collectively, so should be worth it :good: :D

ganzey

banned
You running a GTX275 perhaps? Theres an issue with the vregs in the GTX275's that cause a whine. Also, if your running one of a few nForce motherboards as well as two cards in SLI it can cause whine in audio.

nope, i got a 9800gt. single pci 16x Mobo

G25r8cer

Just 13 of us wanting a prize? We got a fairly good chance at winning something

I personally could use that card reader

Bodaggit23

Crank the fan up to 100% and see what happens after a few hours.

It runs about 66c so I don't think it's a heat issue.
Besides, the fan @ 100% would drive me crazy
more than the squeal. You know what I'm talkin
about. Thing sounds like a blow dryer on high.

Anyway, yeah. Let er burn! :D

ScOuT

VIP Member
I am pretty rough on my card...I ask a lot from it.

It is over volted and overclocked to the max:) I'll melt my card...Evga customer service is great:D

bomberboysk

Hehe, guess who has an extra GTS250 thrown into their rig:D (got it for less than $30 after my 122 evga bucks)

Time to fold away hehe.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
Hehe, guess who has an extra GTS250 thrown into their rig:D (got it for less than $30 after my 122 evga bucks)

Time to fold away hehe.

So that's what happened with the Evga buck:D Pics please:p

At this rate we're going to break 300th place in January 2010!

We are actually moving along really good for a small team and only a few active Folders:)

i forgot to fold today but I will be starting again tomorrow, :D

I am doing some computer maintenance before I leave for a year(Defrag, file clean up, Anti Virus install, ect....) I am getting everything ready for my wife...I have to take about a 48 break to get the computer ready for her:(

Give me a couple days...I'll be cranking out some WU again:D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Time to fold away hehe.

Awesome. :D

We're kickin ass fellas. I'll dig around and see if I've anything to donate as well. Those of you new to folding, if you can afford the electricity, please continue to fold after this marathon, on a permanent basis. It's for a good cause and we'd really like to see this team gain some prominence within the folding community. After all, we are Computer Forum. ;)

The top 200 is possible if everyone contributes. We're well on our way to breaking into the top 300, which is a good short term goal.

Jet

VIP Member
And, if anyone has spare parts lying around, I have free electricity here at Georgia Tech, so I'd be more than happy to run it!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
^^ watch out MEP, Im starting folding up again this year :p

What happened anyway? You were one of our top producers for awhile.

And, if anyone has spare parts lying around, I have free electricity here at Georgia Tech, so I'd be more than happy to run it!

I'm not sure if you remember, but you're the guy that inspired me to fold in the first place. You helped get me SMP running for the first time. :p

Glad to see ya back on board Jet. ;)

brian

VIP Member
What happened anyway? You were one of our top producers for awhile.

I'm not sure if you remember, but you're the guy that inspired me to fold in the first place. You helped get me SMP running for the first time. :p

Glad to see ya back on board Jet. ;)

Re-imaged the schools computers and didnt put it on for awhile. till now