nvidia & ati drivers clashing

stratocaster27

i have an ati motherboard, equipped with an onboard graphics. ive been trying to get my video card to run properly. with both drivers installed (nvidia+ati) after about 5 minutes my screen goes multi colored and my pc crashes.

after taking my pc to a tech guy, he says theres no way these 2 products are compatible. i called EVGA tech support, they told me that was absolutly false, and that the motherboard with a PCI slot should be running the card properly. he couldnt help me any further because my pc was at the repair guys.

once i got my pc back, called EVGA again, talked to a differant person and they wouldnt help me because my card has already been registered, and to someone else. WTF?? ANYWAYS...

has anyone encountered this type of problem with drivers from differant companies clashing??

its incredibly weird because i dont have any nvidia drivers running now, but my monitor is hooked up to the card. when i tryed using onboard graphics, windows wouldnt even boot up. without the card windows doesnt even boot up unless its in safe mode.

some things ive tryed already:
-disabling the onboard card then installing nvidia drivers
-changing bios settings to read my PCI slot first instead of onboard
-totally removing all ATI drivers and installing the nvidia ones

i have a geforce 9800gt, running without any drivers installed. ill gladly put up the mobo specs if anyone can help.

stratocaster27

oops...
pretty sure i have this figured out. i think it was a power issue, i had a 6pin straight from my psu going into the card. now using an adapter.... 2x 4 pins are now going into the 6pin adapter and into the card.

there are some other ways to fix this, however using that adapter seems to be the easiest.

installing NVIDIA drivers now, ill update if the problems gone ^^