Nvidia or ATI

wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

elitehacker

Yeah, I don't see the sense in paying a hundred bucks extra just to have them overclock your card for you. I guess the benefit of that would be, if the card is unstable because the GPU has been overclocked too much, you are covered by warranty, that's what happened with early versions of the XFX overclocked 7900GT.

JustinMcG67

I have favored ATI traditionally. Although i own an NVIDIA card. I liked the quality of ATI more. NVIDIA generally will get better performance, but image-to-image I've always thought ATI's cards to do better for the most part.

DrCuddles

Excellent NVidia is in the lead, imo they are the greatest gfx card designers and are getting the promotion they deserve :)

Last edited:

leetkyle

I prefer ATi, but their X2900 was (quoting [H] Enthusiast) "a flop". Even the 8800GTS works better, and as much as I love ATi, I go with what is better. I prefer AMD, yet I am on a Core 2 Duo Processor.

Logical? I think so.

RyanEJ8

So I went to Best Buy to get a better gpu for my Acer desktop and I came having done some research only on Nvidia cards. The Best Buy sales associate points me in the direction of the ATi Radeon x1650 Pro instead. He says "look it has a 600Mhz core and 512MB of RAM for only $200! None of the other cards boast those specs for that kind of money!" Not having any knowledge of this particular gpu, I thought to myself, wow he's right. :mad:

I had no idea this thing would be such crap. The Radeon 9600/9700 64MB in my laptop almost performs just as good. I'll be exercising Best Buys' 30 day return policy and I just sprang an extra $100 to order an 8800GTS and 500 watt power supply online. :D

Geoff

VIP Member
Once I get my 2900XT, i'll let you know who I prefer :D

@Ryan, I know exactly how you feel. I bough a x1600PRO once, but it was probably the worst card I had ever gotten, so I sold it online and bought a 7600GS which is a much, much better card.

SubDude199

no way man.. I had a X1650 PRO before this card. they both cost the same and this cars gets 3 times better score in 3dMark06.. for real, you will be lucky to hit a 2K in 3dmark06.. that is a horrible card. a Nvidia 7600GT will score am easy 3300, you will pay $150+ for the ATI, and under $100 for the Nvidia.. on top of that that EXACT card was $200+ a few months ago when I bought it, it lost value for fast. on the other hand my 7900GTO was only $210 and they are still selling for that. I am VERY happy with my nvidia and I was very disapointed for my ATI.. NVIDIA FOR LIFE..

ok. that was a impulse flame. I only read the first part of your post, now that I read it threw you agree with me..lol.,. ati sucks in price and performance.. period

anyone want to fight me on that?.. I did so so so much research and making comparisons on EVERY avalable card and Nvidia was SO SO SO much better, you can get twice the card for half the price with nvidia.

also, the "catalist" for ati sucks, you have the have dotNet framework. and you cant control each game/program seperatly like you can Nvidia. ok. im done..

elitehacker

Come on people, especially die hard ATi fans with blinkers on, no matter what angle you look at it the X16xx series was horrible. The X16xx was no match for the 7600 from nvidia. The 7600 comprehensively ripped the X16xx series to shreds, so can we move on now? I'm by no means a die hard Nvidia fan, but I like what Nvidia is churning out at the moment.

PabloTeK

I like my X1950 Pro, sure, it's about 40 miles long and requires a fair bit of juice but it puts a nice image on the screen and was a good price for the performance. It also works with Linux no questions asked unlike my old nVidia card. There's another reason I went ATi, Crossfire.:D The DS4, DQ6 and DS3P all support ATi's multi-GPU system. Need a new PSU though...

Geoff

VIP Member
Come on people, especially die hard ATi fans with blinkers on, no matter what angle you look at it the X16xx series was horrible. The X16xx was no match for the 7600 from nvidia. The 7600 comprehensively ripped the X16xx series to shreds, so can we move on now? I'm by no means a die hard Nvidia fan, but I like what Nvidia is churning out at the moment.
Very true, especially with the x1600PRO/x1650PRO. The only decent x16xx series was the x1650XT, but for the price, the 7600GT was still the best card.

elitehacker

You should have purchased the 7900GT or even the 7900GS instead, they are much better than the X1950 pro. At the very least you can have a way bigger overclocking headroom with the Nvidia cards.

Twist86

I prefer Nivida vs ATI mainly because I had less problems with Nivida's drives and I have had some very crappy cards from ATI

Also @ Ryan NEVER trust Best Buy when it comes computers almost all the sales reps are stupid...I should know I use to stock the computer/games/music isles and would laugh at the things they said to sell a item.

Post here then buy it online is the best/cheapest way thats 100% safe far as smart people that know their stuff goes haha.

elitehacker

They should make electronics sales people take a test or something, because the things that come out of their mouth is just hilarious.

xxxalpinexxx80

nvidia all the way.. i wanted to get the new intel chipset but to bad the 2900 in crossfire takes up a power house and wierd connections,