oblivion

Dean11

im thinking about getting elder scrolls IV oblivion but i heard there are lots of glitches and stuff like that so i want to know if there are patches that can fix this problem. also i heard it needs a really good pc to run so do you think it will run on mine. the processor worries me.

radeon x800 gto
1.9 ghz amd athlon 2600+
1gb ram

Maddhatter

it will definitely run...how well? i don't know i tried everything on my pc to get it to run properly and it just doesn't i even bought a new SATA 2 harddrive but it still skips pretty badly

bumblebee_tuna

Your video card is up to par (I think.....?) but your processor (definitely your processor) and your RAM could be better......

Basically your goal is to be able to play on at least high settings (maybe even medium......) or it's not worth playing.........

It's not that its necessarily glitchy but tends to have more hiccups on slower systems.........

Last edited:

TheOrangeDude

why not just buy a 360. ur pc can run it but well consider it wouldn't be pretty. the cost for upgrading ur comp will be like the prize of a 360. on 360 its pure gaming so there wouldn't be any kind of lag involve.

Dean11

consoles suck. i like pc games. anyway this game must be pretty big on performance by the sound of it. why do i need to run it on max settings anyway?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
The game is great. While most people play it for the realistic graphics involved, the gameplay would have to be worth something otherwise people wouldn't play it for very long. Get the game, you might not be able to push the settings, but again, the game is great.

Dean11

The game is great. While most people play it for the realistic graphics involved, the gameplay would have to be worth something otherwise people wouldn't play it for very long. Get the game, you might not be able to push the settings, but again, the game is great.

youve just convinced me to go out and buy it:D

Maddhatter

i agree with dci scouts 100% the gameplay is excellent and running it on at least high settings shouldn't make you decide against it running it on even low medium settings is still worth the money

bumblebee_tuna

how would an e6300, 1gb ram and a 7900gs run with oblivion

It would run pretty well with probably a bit o' lag here and there..........

Whether or not a system could play it or not, it's always worth getting to play it later when your system may be more up to par......

gamerman4

I'm only a true fanboy for one thing.....Comps over consoles...
anyways, your CPU is a bit dated but fine enough, ur gfx card is good enough. It will definitely run and the game doesn't have many glitches; I get an occasional crash but thats probably due to my overclocking than anything.

bebopin64

why not just buy a 360. ur pc can run it but well consider it wouldn't be pretty. the cost for upgrading ur comp will be like the prize of a 360. on 360 its pure gaming so there wouldn't be any kind of lag involve.

consoles arent as powerful as computers usually are. besides, unless he has an HDTV handy his resolution would suck. if he dropped the resolution and graphics down to TV level his computer would run it fine.

mrgeorgedude

I definatly wouldnt say that the game is very buggy at all. Maybe this is because ive been playing the new Splinter Cell: Double agent, and that game is freakin PLAGUED with bugs/glitches/desktop crashes...you name it and the game probably has it. And i run oblivion pretty good with my rig (check my signature), so i think it would do fine for u.

meanman

great game go and buy it leave the 360 alone i bought it on that and the loading times take the piss. pc gaming rules!