Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

VIP Member
3D mark score and putting your specs in your sig are basically bragging rights.
This is a computer forum, so having your specs in your sig tell others what you have which could be for bragging rights, but is also to help members when you make a thread with a question, we have a better idea as to what the issue is knowing what hardware and/or OS you are running.

You'd see the same thing on other forums, photography forums have their cameras and lenses in their sig, cell phone forums have their cell phones in their sig, etc.

Anyways, let's get BACK ON TOPIC guys!

just a noob

how does core i7 affect 3dmark06 in terms of score, oh well, hopefully by the end of january i can have my computer up and running :p

tlarkin

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1133316 said:
This is a computer forum, so having your specs in your sig tell others what you have which could be for bragging rights, but is also to help members when you make a thread with a question, we have a better idea as to what the issue is knowing what hardware and/or OS you are running.

You'd see the same thing on other forums, photography forums have their cameras and lenses in their sig, cell phone forums have their cell phones in their sig, etc.

Who is to say people don't come here to brag in the first place, this thread is kind of about bragging. Not that I have anything against it, and I put my system up against everyone else's. I just don't want do discourage people from having to have the top of the line hardware to play COD4, or whatever.

3Dmark06 is old and out dated and it barely reflects what most modern hardware rigs can run. If it were to utilize all four cores of my processor along with its 12MB of Cache, and actually thread out instruction sets to it with out falter, I could see my rig out performing all dual core machines.

So, don't feel like you need to upgrade because 3Dmark won't boost your 12k score to a 14k score. You can still play video games.

As for the enthusiast that likes to over clock and tweak and push it to the limit (queue 80s song), then go for it. I could care less and yes, that is what this thread is about. Posting your scores and improving them.

m0nk3ys1ms

Who is to say people don't come here to brag in the first place, this thread is kind of about bragging. Not that I have anything against it, and I put my system up against everyone else's. I just don't want do discourage people from having to have the top of the line hardware to play COD4, or whatever.

3Dmark06 is old and out dated and it barely reflects what most modern hardware rigs can run. If it were to utilize all four cores of my processor along with its 12MB of Cache, and actually thread out instruction sets to it with out falter, I could see my rig out performing all dual core machines.

So, don't feel like you need to upgrade because 3Dmark won't boost your 12k score to a 14k score. You can still play video games.

As for the enthusiast that likes to over clock and tweak and push it to the limit (queue 80s song), then go for it. I could care less and yes, that is what this thread is about. Posting your scores and improving them.

Just quit whining.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
@ tlarkin: Well of course this thread is about bragging! The purpose of this thread is simple. It's to compete with ourselves (otherwise there'd be no point in having a list of ranks) and improve our "performance" in gaming as you said. As well as comparing and contrasting our setups to get an idea. I agree that this may not be accurate in terms of real world applications but hell! It serves as a good little-hobby for the forumers.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with this thread (not saying you do)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Bragging? I almost got 21k with a 4.6Ghz dual core.

[/brag]

Alright on a side note, i tried to boot my normal benching settings for 4.6 today, and it was a no-go. :mad::eek:

I'll get it... though i'm thinking about going i7 :cool:

wiwazevedo

[-0MEGA-];1133316 said:

speaking of bragging rights,
update my rank porfavor?
(page 28)

Last edited:

Dystopia

Calm down do I have to use sarcasm tags on every post..

I wasnt harrassing anyone.

Same to you man...sarcasm tags!!! geez

Lol, i menat +1 to not all of us get smokin fast equipment FOR WORK, just look at my PC, id get what, around 3-4k?

@ tlarkin: Well of course this thread is about bragging! The purpose of this thread is simple. It's to compete with ourselves (otherwise there'd be no point in having a list of ranks) and improve our "performance" in gaming as you said. As well as comparing and contrasting our setups to get an idea. I agree that this may not be accurate in terms of real world applications but hell! It serves as a good little-hobby for the forumers.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with this thread (not saying you do)

Not me. I CAN'T BRAG :p

Im gonna attempt to dl that 500MB file on dial up ROFL! it will probably finish it 30+ hours!

tlarkin

VIP Member
Next time you over clock your machine for 3Dmark scores you HAVE to play this song while you are doing it, or you will be banned from the thread

[YT]BhsTmiK7Q2M[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.