*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
What's the weather like mid-August? That's when I'm planning on going (if I do go), around August 12th-20th.

Last year around that time the weather was nice on some days and not so nice on others, it can be a bit unpredictable.

Shouldn't be cold but might not be sunny. It could turn out really nice though.

The weather over here is usually nice for a period of a time, then not so good, then better again etc etc.

spirit

Staff member
That's such a bad excuse ;)

Never spoke a word of English when I moved there, don't speak Spanish but went there...

Maybe he doesn't know that most continental Europeans speak pretty good English. ;)

They certainly do in Holland and Germany! :D

WeatherMan

Maybe he doesn't know that most continental Europeans speak pretty good English. ;)

Where did you go in Germany? :p

I go out there frequently to visit my dad, as he works there, trying to find a english speaking german is a nightmare!

Punk

Staff member
Zoo shots:

prpal3_zps214212e1.jpg

prpal2_zpsfe664baa.jpg

prpal4_zps5853282d.jpg

suripal_zps1d9505ac.jpg

suripal2_zps4ace79cf.jpg

prpal_zpseb1c2f1c.jpg

bambipal_zps824c6a47.jpg

singepal1_zps81b868ab.jpg

singepal2_zps3556bae7.jpg

singenbpal_zps9f02bd04.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member

When I was in southern Spain no one spoke English, even in Madrid very few people spoke English.

spirit

Staff member
Never heard of it :D

I've been to Dusseldorf, Cologne and Munich

They are all the same to me haha
West Germany http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland

When I was in southern Spain no one spoke English, even in Madrid very few people spoke English.
Probably more to do with them not willing to speak it rather than them not being able to speak it at all. They probably all learn it at school but some nations are far more willing to speak it than others. For example when I went to Italy it wasn't in their best interest to speak English but when I went to Holland and Germany they were more willing to speak it.

@Punk nice photos of the animals - D40 with a zoom lens I guess? :)

spirit

Staff member
Waddington 2013 photos!

Apologies for the banding on the images - had to seriously resize for the web.

Here are some for Punk - the French Patrouille de France display team. I must say I go to a lot of airshows and the French are usually there with Mirages and Rafales which are awesome. There wasn't a Mirage 2000 or a Rafale at Waddington, but there should be a Rafale at RIAT in a few weeks time (which is another airshow I like going to).

Alpha Jet by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Patrouille de France Formation by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Patrouille de France in Formation by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Patrouille de France by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

From Sweden there was a SAAB Viggen which displayed. Never seen one of these in person before the other day when I saw it at Waddington. :)

SAAB Viggen by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

SAAB Viggen Underside by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

From Holland there was an F-16 which I know is an American fighter but the Dutch operate it too. :)

F-16 Fighting Falcon by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

And I'm sure you know the rest...

AH-64 Apache by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Eurofighter Typhoon Upside-Down by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Eurofighter Typhoon by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Chinook by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

SAAB Gripen by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Avro Vulcan XH558 Touchdown by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Avro Vulcan XH558 by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Inverted Red Arrow by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Red Arrow by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Red Arrows in Formation by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Reds in Formation by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

spirit

Staff member

I have to admit the French are always amazing at these airshows. I thought the Patrouille de France put on a great display at Waddington and in the past they've always done great displays too (been going to airshows for about 7 years now).

My favourite French displays are always the Rafales and Mirages though. Sadly though, the Mirage doesn't seem to attend airshows anymore. :(