Official Superpi Mod Ranking Thread

87dtna

This is what it takes to get under 14 seconds with AMD-

SPI5ghz555.jpg

Aastii

VIP Member
You need CPU-Z open, the memory page on it open, the run that's been done, a timestamp, and your forum username :p

If you are submitting them yes, but the pictures in the thread itself don't count for jack :p

87dtna, that is insane that you haven't killed the chip with those voltages lol. Can't tell too good because of the screenshot, but is that 5.0, 5.6 or 5.8

meticadpa

If you are submitting them yes, but the pictures in the thread itself don't count for jack :p

87dtna, that is insane that you haven't killed the chip with those voltages lol. Can't tell too good because of the screenshot, but is that 5.0, 5.6 or 5.8

Dry Ice goes a long way

To keep it legit:

i6xqfc.jpg

crappy time :\

needs moar windows xp. I've run a few sub 9 seconds on windows 7, but they weren't in this format :eek:

Aastii

VIP Member
needs moar windows xp. I've run a few sub 9 seconds on windows 7, but they weren't in this format :eek:

How much faster is xp than Vista or 7? I'd imagine Vista would be much slower, but if it is substantial, I can see myself whacking XP on on a seperate partition to do another (hopefully faster) run

meticadpa

How much faster is xp than Vista or 7? I'd imagine Vista would be much slower, but if it is substantial, I can see myself whacking XP on on a seperate partition to do another (hopefully faster) run

Intel CPUs LOVE XP, so does Super Pi. The gains - or losses if you will - in speed won't be as distinguished on AMD for Super Pi as Intel, but it'll still be there.

Run it in diagnostic mode for maximum win ;)

I've not really run any benches on Vista, so I can't comment on that :eek:

Aastii

VIP Member
Intel CPUs LOVE XP, so does Super Pi. The gains - or losses if you will - in speed won't be as distinguished on AMD for Super Pi as Intel, but it'll still be there.

Run it in diagnostic mode for maximum win ;)

I've not really run any benches on Vista, so I can't comment on that :eek:

hmm well I'm sat on AMD now so never mind that lol.

The bench I did for this was on Vista on the CPU I am on now, so a 720BE @ 3.675 (I think, can't be arsed checking :p)

The one I did for the old thread was on vista too, E6750 @ 3400, 15.385

87dtna

It's 5.033ghz at 1.725 Vcore with about -40c temps. My DICE pot is a rather small one and it's also not completely copper, so with that much Vcore and the CPU producing that much heat it doesn't stay at -60c to -70c like it should with DICE. But it still got me to my goal of 5ghz on this 555.
I tried 5.1 and 5.2ghz and all the way up to 1.85 Vcore but no luck with stability.

All my runs have been on win7 64 bit, and not in diagnostic mode either.

@meticadpa- Nice time, but you can get under 9 seconds with what you got there. Take the tRFC on the ram down to like 74 and also increase the QPI to the next highest setting. That should do it.

Last edited:

meticadpa

It's 5.033ghz at 1.725 Vcore with about -40c temps. My DICE pot is a rather small one and it's also not completely copper, so with that much Vcore and the CPU producing that much heat it doesn't stay at -60c to -70c like it should with DICE. But it still got me to my goal of 5ghz on this 555.
I tried 5.1 and 5.2ghz and all the way up to 1.85 Vcore but no luck with stability.

All my runs have been on win7 64 bit, and not in diagnostic mode either.

@meticadpa- Nice time, but you can get under 9 seconds with what you got there. Take the tRFC on the ram down to like 74 and also increase the QPI to the next highest setting. That should do it.

I know, it was a rushed run, I've had ~8.75 before in 7 :p

Minimal tweaking involved!

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
You need CPU-Z open, the memory page on it open, the run that's been done, a timestamp, and your forum username :p

I know, i have already subbed a score before... it was late i CBF to get all the stuff open, I'll be doingit later today :p

linkin

VIP Member
Check this, got my other RAM stick back from RMA, upped the RAM speed by 50mhz and dropped 2 seconds off my original score! Granted, at 4ghz I dropped down to 15s but this is better:

Desktop_2.png

Submitted that in the google docs sheet bomber, give us a yell when you update it :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
Check this, got my other RAM stick back from RMA, upped the RAM speed by 50mhz and dropped 2 seconds off my original score! Granted, at 4ghz I dropped down to 15s but this is better:

Submitted that in the google docs sheet bomber, give us a yell when you update it :)
Every Friday apparently.

87dtna

Yes, big difference. There's also a decent difference for triple channel over dual, but not as much as dual over single.

bomberboysk

Well, that explains why i7's score so well in superpi. it's all to do with memory bandwidth :eek:

Moreso to do with the i7's strength in FPU and superpi was compiled in a way that favors intel chips more. The AMD chips have pretty good memory bandwidth as well and don't score nearly as well;) But yeah...dual channel makes a world of difference.

Also, looking through submissions, i noticed a few were missing the memory tab in the screenshot that i didnt notice under the first observation of results. In lieu of this, the memory tab is now Optional but preferred.

Last edited:

87dtna

You know, I'm so sick of people saying saying that things favor intel. I'm sorry but what bench and/or real life app would an I5 750 not beat out any Phenom II quad clock for clock? Intel is just faster/stronger....FACT...it's not just because it favors intel. if thats the case, everything seems to favor intel ;) Seems pretty apparent to me that intel just has the stronger chips. Even the AMD hex core BARELY beats the I7 in multithreaded benches/apps, and it has two more cores! AMD is simply not as good, period. Phenom II still battles core 2 architecture, nehalem architecture is in a different league.

meticadpa

You know, I'm so sick of people saying saying that things favor intel. I'm sorry but what bench and/or real life app would an I5 750 not beat out any Phenom II quad clock for clock? Intel is just faster/stronger....FACT...it's not just because it favors intel. if thats the case, everything seems to favor intel ;) Seems pretty apparent to me that intel just has the stronger chips. Even the AMD hex core BARELY beats the I7 in multithreaded benches/apps, and it has two more cores! AMD is simply not as good, period. Phenom II still battles core 2 architecture, nehalem architecture is in a different league.

eh.

At like 6.6GHz, Phenom II 955 still gets like 10.5s in Super Pi, but at 4.5GHz, my 930 gets ~ 9 seconds.

What would win in something like 3DMark 06 or Vantage?

The 955, by a mile.

Super Pi favours Intel. No question.