Which one should i get?

• 8800 Ultra

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • 8800 GTX

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Cheese

banned
ok, i want everyones expert opinion on this. tell me why one is better than the other. if you can, also show me why.(benchmarks, videos, warrenty, stability etc) these are 8800 series.

GTX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186021

Ultra
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127288

why these 2? well, they are both the highest pre OC of there kind, have decent-good reviews, and i dont want to void the warranty by overclocking this since they are so expensive.

Cheese

banned
but if you look at the specs, they are both OC'd to there very limit. if what you say is true then the Ultra can OC even more than a GTX.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
but if you look at the specs, they are both OC'd to there very limit. if what you say is true then the Ultra can OC even more than a GTX.

... When I just said that the Ultra is an overclocked GTX, then how can they overclock it when it's "OC'd to the very limit"?

elitehacker

There is no point in paying someone to do something you can do yourself. I think you should just get the stock one and overclock it yourself. The performance difference is not that much anyway.

ADE

banned
but then you void the warrenty. oh well, who cares? its not like your guna kill it by doing that anyway.

elitehacker

I don't think vendors can tell if you have overclocked it or not if you use software tools. I overclocked my graphics card and when it died they still RMAed it. I don't think you leave any evidence behind when you software overclock your card.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
They can't. That voiding of the warranty is nothing but scare-tactics. You may be asked if you overclocked it, I've heard tell that some people have been downright accused of it, but as long as you stick to your guns they'll have to replace it, should it die.

Geoff

VIP Member
The Ultra is better, but I dont think it's worth that much over a GTX. So get the GTX if money is at least a bit of a concern.