Older Gamer

rpgamer

Hello all,
I have been a gamer for about 40 years+. Which means I have played many of the old consoles. I turned 50 2 months ago and became disabled from complications of some things that happened in the Army in 1980. WOW!! Thats a long time ago. I live on a very low fixed income but I have built a computer (My first one). It's ancient I am sure to probably most fo you, but it is all I can afford. But I have an ASROCK G41M-S3 with an INTEL core 2 quad 2.66hz and a RADEON HD4770 and a 550w Thermatake Hamburg PSU. I put all this in an older EMachine case with dimples instead of standoffs. I almost ruined the only board that I had. I do realize now that I will never buy into a case with those @#$%^ Dimples.:eek: I was given a beta key to play FireFall..Pretty good game but lags a little. I don't enough to overclock, and I don't want to brick the only rig that I have. Just thought I would share one mans love of games and my attempts to build a comp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Okedokey

Bro remove your email. Secondly there were no consoles or pcs 40 years ago.

What do you want? May be this or this?

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
So it sounds to me like you want to upgrade? Looks to me as if you have a Core 2 Quad Q6600, it's still a pretty decent processor for gaming. I think you should just get a new graphics card though: a Radeon HD 7750 or 7770 would probably do.

Okedokey

Very helpful, well done :)
And quite disrespectful..

Sorry, that wasn't disrespectful. He has posts all over the internet where he is asking for money.

Also, he hasn't even looked at this thread since posting it, so my response cannot of offended him.

He has form in posting one post on forums including his own email address hoping someone will send money. Its basically spam.

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Sorry, that wasn't disrespectful. He has posts all over the internet where he is asking for money.

Also, he hasn't even looked at this thread since posting it, so my response cannot of offended him.

He has form in posting one post on forums including his own email address hoping someone will send money. Its basically spam.
The OP has been edited, but do you check if every post on the forum has been posted elsewhere?

Okedokey

The OP has been edited, but do you check if every post on the forum has been posted elsewhere?

Thats fine mate, but with a single post, including his email address, and the fact that he hasn't returned to even look at replies, and the fact that hes done it all over the place in the same way screams spam. SO i was seeing what he wanted with him knowing that we know what he does.