Omg Why Me????

ADE

banned
OK, I just tried to intall my Gamers keyboard from Saitek that I havent used in a while but it wont detect!? I need that thing! Someone help! Why wont it detect??? I can't even install drivers on it!

ADE

banned
OK, I did both. Nothing for both computers. Its got to be the keyboard. DANG! How do i fix that? Its over 1 year old! I can't take it back!

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If it doesn't work on two different computers, chances are quite high it's the keyboard. As mentioned above, it's not really fixable.

Geoff

VIP Member
Are you sure the end of the cable isnt covered in dirt or something, or that the cable isnt damaged?

Geoff

VIP Member
When you say no detection, do you mean that the keys dont work, or that the computer doesnt recognize what type of keyboard it is?

ADE

banned
I plug it in, lights up and nothing more. it gets power, but no little "boo bOO" noise you usually get when plugging in USB devices. Nothing.

mrbagrat

banned
If you want, you could try reattaching another USB cable. If that doesn't work, its a hardware problem.

Just open it up and resolder it. Or cut the cable somewhere, and attach another cable by matching up the wire colors. You've got nothing to lose-there probably isn't a warranty.

ADE

banned
^^^^ I dunno. I opened it up and smelled like fried circuits.....what the hell happened in there?

ADE

banned
The key board was kept on top of my desktop. Perfect conditions. As for the picture, I will have to work on that. I'm still waiting for an E-mail from the maker.

Geoff

VIP Member
Maybe a USB port on your computer was connected the wrong way (very common), so when you plugged it in it may have "fried" it, but since the lights only rely on the positive and negative power, it would explain why that still works.

ADE

banned
I don't think so. I used the motherboard USB. There is no way on Earth Gigabyte could have screwed that up. Well, then again, I did try every USB port there is so it could be a possibility...

apj101

VIP Member
have you tried booting with the keyboard in, sometime the keyboard need to be present at posting, a keyboard introduced after you got to desktop may not always work :)