Omg!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
parents are awful quick to blame any "contributing" (if you will) factor, rather than wake up and realize that there is no one to blame but themselves. but, that's too real to handle for most people.

Yes I find this to be true allot. But however I'm not so sure that the parents actually blame the game. You see they say it is the games fault but that is because they want to get rich by suing the games creators. But do they really believe this? Yes they publicly blame the game of course BUT do they believe this themselves? Makes you wonder.

The sad thing is, is that the parents will most likely win because their kid thought that the Magic Belt of Flight worked in real life.

Did he? It appears as though perhaps he knew he would indeed die. Hell he might even been re-enacting a scene from the game but I have the feeling that he knew that his actions where indeed going to kill him. If one where to commit suicide then one might do it by re-enacting a scene in a movie, game or whatever. I have the feeling however that the boy knew the Belt of Flight where not going to save him.

Edit:

So I read the article that Hairy Lee gave us. It would appear from this article that the parents are either guessing that the boy where re-enacting a scene in the game or lying. The article did not mention where this conclusion came from sadly which brings me to mine. The article says that the boy believed that he would be able to meet his favorite night elf if he committed suicide but it did not say how the boy expressed this belief. This leads me to believe that it might be false. If it is true though It sounds like the kid knew he where going to die so those believing that he thought the "Belt of Flight" where real, well they would be wrong. Also if this where to be true then my original argument is true. Either way if they boy thought the belt of life would save him (was he even wearing a belt?) then he had mental issues. If he meant to commit suicide then he had mental issues. Anyway you slice it the poor boy had mental issues. We are left with this... Do the boys parents truly believe the game is the reason for the boys death? or are they full O magical belt she-yat to get rich? I feel that they are falsely suing to get rich.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
But really, how stupid must someone be to believe that there is belt which enables you to fly??

As I keep saying... I don't believe that is the case. I don't believe he thought he could fly. If it where his intention to kill himself then obviously he had no intention of flying anywhere.

skidude

Just a scuicidal kid?? How old was he, 10 or 12?? Which kid at the age of 12 wants to kill themselves.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just a scuicidal kid?? How old was he, 10 or 12?? Which kid at the age of 12 wants to kill themselves.

Click the links that where kindly provided by those that left them :). Kids at any age are susceptible to suicide. It is a mental illness in almost all cases that lead to suicide.

skidude

Blue said:
Click the links that where kindly provided by those that left them :). Kids at any age are susceptible to suicide. It is a mental illness in almost all cases that lead to suicide.

I see... then what do you think caused him to kill himself? A mental illness or something else?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
a.k.a depression

a.k.a Clinical depression :p. Depression comes in a few forms but it is the worst case Clinical depression that usually leads to suicide. It is a chemical in-balance in the brain. It can happen to anyone at any age. Your lighter forms of depression can come about due to a life event such as lose of job, death in family etc. Clinical depression is different.

Archangel

VIP Member
skidude said:
But really, how stupid must someone be to believe that there is belt which enables you to fly??

well.. there are those belts you wear on a delta flyer, does that count? :p

but for the link to the 2nd article,.. i only get a 404 :(

what i dont understand,. why the parents are blaming a game whn the bod did write a letter? denial..? i think so.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
what i dont understand,. why the parents are blaming a game whn the bod did write a letter? denial..? i think so.

No I doubt it is denial. I doubt the believe the game had anything to do with it. They simply want to get rich.

shupola

Blue said:
No I doubt it is denial. I doubt the believe the game had anything to do with it. They simply want to get rich.

or they are just so pissed at themselves that they want someone else to blame to make themselves feel better?