Online Banking transactions unavilable

bacdj

I have recently been having problems doing banking transactions on my desktop computer.

A week or so ago I was able to enter my financial institution and see my account details, but was not able to do bpay or any other transactions. I then tried my laptop and I could do it, so the problem is with my desktop.

Both the desktop and laptop run Windows 7 and have AVG free as a virus detector. My desktop is updated automatically daily but my laptop is not, so I suspect that there has been some virus or operating system update that is causing the problem, but that is only my assumption of course. This problem righted itself in about a week, so I suspected they changed the virus/operating system problem area.

Today I tried to enter another financial site where I have what is called a Rewarded Card and I was locked out of that also on my desktop, but not on my laptop.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Brian DJ

bacdj

I don't think it is AVG, because I have temporarily disabled it and I still have the problem.

Brian DJ

StrangleHold

Staff member
When you say block out. Do you mean by your browser or the site? Have you tried a different browser?

bacdj

Could it be that the web site is locking my desktop computer out by recognising its identity number?

Firstly I had a problem with the main financial institution web site, in that I could get in to the site, but not do any transactions. I complained to them and after a few days I could get in to that site and do everything again.

Then a week or so later I tried to access the another financial card site and was locked out altogether and it said "incorrect user name or password".
I can access this site from my laptop which has the same operating system and virus program and I use the same username and password.

My suspicion that it is the financial website is based on the fact that the second card while a different financial company name on it is operated by the same main financial site where I had the initial problem.

Brian DJ