Windows 11 Opening Explorer on Maximize by default, at all times

jo86

Hi. I've already done the operation of right clicking Explorer, then File Explorer, then Properties, then run as 'Maximized':

But my Explorer still always opens Minimized. I can't seem to make it Maximized. It's driving me nuts ! Help please, can't find it online.

1710243644276.png

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Making changes there is not going to make any difference as you're just modifying the shell of explorer.

If you want it to always open maximized, you need to open a folder explorer, maximize it, then close it. It will then always open maximized (until you shrink it and then close it).

beers

Staff member
Minimized as in taskbar or minimized as in not maximized?

It remembers your positioning and state, you can just double click the title bar to maximize and when you reopen it should be in the same place.

jo86

Making changes there is not going to make any difference as you're just modifying the shell of explorer.

If you want it to always open maximized, you need to open a folder explorer, maximize it, then close it. It will then always open maximized (until you shrink it and then close it).

Minimized as in taskbar or minimized as in not maximized?

It remembers your positioning and state, you can just double click the title bar to maximize and when you reopen it should be in the same place.

I may be confusing terms. By Maximize I mean I want Explorer to appear on the full page, not just as a half page window.
If I click Explorer on the task bar, it always opens as a half-screen window and I always have to double click its title bar to make it big again, and I have to do this every time and want it to always immediately appear as a fully expanded window over the whole page.