Orange Box

DirtyD86

banned
just finished ep2. it was pretty crazy all the way through, kept the pace going. loved all the small addons like the grubs/hunters and whatnot.. the ending sorta makes me wonder where the series could be headed next...

portal is great, its a bit of a mindf*ck at first but once you learn how everything works its a lot of fun. i guarantee a few of the puzzles will stump you for a lil bit

TF2 i havent played much yet, but so far so good. the classes seem balanced which is nice because i was expecting it to be all heavys/engineers like it was in tfc

Geoff

VIP Member
Having the physical game feels much more substantial than the downloaded data, imo. I'll always go after the hard copy. :D
I can see your point, but because these games rely on Steam, if the company goes out of business (the reason most people like a hard copy), you can't play it anyways, because it requires the Steam client to use.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The online portions, yeah. Single player games will obviously be untouched. But it's a moot point, Steam is now a large subsidiary of Valve. As long as Valve and steam powered games exist, they will have no other option but to keep it rolling. Lest they call down the critical wrath of gamers the world round.

CG man

I got Team Fortress 2 on its own via steam for around £17 I've been waiting around 6 years for this. The quality of the game is amazing they used every graphical trick going and the animation is very similar to Pixars style. Downlading Portal now I wasn't sure about that game from reading about it but the Youtube vids have won me over such a good idea and use of computer abilities for a puzzle. Another bonus is these Valve games run smooth on hardware thats even over 3 weeks old. A big warning though Team Fortress 2 will prevent you from doing jobs at home I'm glued to it now such a laugh being in a comedy team combat game with 32 human players working their nuts off to capture a few feet of land.

Last edited:

DirtyD86

banned
I got Team Fortress 2 on its own via steam for around £17 I've been waiting around 6 years for this. The quality of the game is amazing they used every graphical trick going and the animation is very similar to Pixars style. Downlading Portal now I wasn't sure about that game from reading about it but the Youtube vids have won me over such a good idea and use of computer abilities for a puzzle. Another bonus is these Valve games run smooth on hardware thats even over 3 weeks old. A big warning though Team Fortress 2 will prevent you from doing jobs at home I'm glued to it now such a laugh being in a team combat game with comedy thrown in.

agreed 100%, one of the best multiplayer games i have ever played

12-Gauge

Also, TF2 features a black, scottish grenadier with an eye patch who has a post-it note with a smiley face on it stuck to his crotch. That alone makes for one awesome game.

CG man

That is funny cracked me up when I saw that. Does anyone else get motion sickness when playing Portal only just got it and I'm ill after being on it a while.

Reneki

no, can't say i have, but at the same time, im used to playing crazy fps games like ut3, so i doubt i can from games.