Overclock Sempron 2800+

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all,

Just wanted to know how much the old socket A Sempron 2800+ could be overclocked to....even at all with my mobo and stock cooler?

It currently runs at 2Ghz (Performance rated at 2.8Ghz according to windows games adviser lol:D

Im not even gonna attempt overclocking it though because i simply dont know what im doing lol but i just wanted to know ;)
I know the socket 754 Sempys can overclock as ive seen a clip on youtube of a 3000+ overclocking to 2.1Ghz:D but that was socket 754 not A.

Would i notice that much performance diffrent if i was to OC?

M0ddingMan1a

well my 2600+ is at 1.90ghz. i've had trouble gettin it farther in the past, so iono if i even wanna take chances now cuz i dont reli use that computer much.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well my 2600+ is at 1.90ghz. i've had trouble gettin it farther in the past, so iono if i even wanna take chances now cuz i dont reli use that computer much.

Thanks for replying,

what does the 2600+ run at stock?

Can i damage the cpu if i overclock too much or does it shut down to prevent damage like intels do?

what do you think would be the semprons 2800+ max oc on stock cooler?

See what i realy want to know is would i realy notice much differance if i overclocked it?

Thanks for replying,

what does the 2600+ run at stock?

Can i damage the cpu if i overclock too much or does it shut down to prevent damage like intels do?

what do you think would be the semprons 2800+ max oc on stock cooler?

See what i realy want to know is would i realy notice much differance if i overclocked it?

Sorry, but I doubt it.

bluedishwasher

you can damage if you overclock it, it runs hotter and it shortens the life span, so you need to make sure you've got an extra cooling boost or that at overclocked it still runs at a stable temperature, but a new processor is cheap enough these days anyway, buy a faster one and overclock it :)

you can damage if you overclock it, it runs hotter and it shortens the life span, so you need to make sure you've got an extra cooling boost or that at overclocked it still runs at a stable temperature, but a new processor is cheap enough these days anyway, buy a faster one and overclock it :)

Overclocking decreases its lifespan, yes, but not before it goes way outta date

Kornowski

VIP Member
I don't know how much it will OC by, I know an old Athlon 2400+ XP would OC nicely, I don't know how much though.

I say, if you don't need the extra performace then don't do it, I toyed with the idea... but, Nah.

I think the socket A CPU's run at a pretty good temp, but I'm sure with an OC they'll rise pretty quickly!

Did you get a 120mm fan for the back?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overclocking decreases its lifespan, yes, but not before it goes way outta date

my sempy 2800+ is already ancient lol

Kornowski said:
I don't know how much it will OC by, I know an old Athlon 2400+ XP would OC nicely, I don't know how much though.

I say, if you don't need the extra performace then don't do it, I toyed with the idea... but, Nah.

I think the socket A CPU's run at a pretty good temp, but I'm sure with an OC they'll rise pretty quickly!

Did you get a 120mm fan for the back?

No i still havnt got one lol....i just havnt had time to pop into Maplin electronics to see what they have.
Might do this weekend though:)

Kornowski

VIP Member
No i still havnt got one lol....i just havnt had time to pop into Maplin electronics to see what they have.
Might do this weekend though

lol, I went yesterday and bought an AKASA 80mm Green LED fan, it's the same as the one I have on the back, it's good, shifts a fair amount of air, I'm going to mount it on the front tonight.

I don't know if you need to OC it, I'd leave it as it is, untill you get your new rig anyway ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, I went yesterday and bought an AKASA 80mm Green LED fan, it's the same as the one I have on the back, it's good, shifts a fair amount of air, I'm going to mount it on the front tonight.

I don't know if you need to OC it, I'd leave it as it is, untill you get your new rig anyway ;)

yeah the guys said i probably wont notice tht much performance increase anyway so il leave it be:)

good yeah mate post up some piccys when youve instaled the fan :)