overclocking 6800gt no, im not asking how

98vert6spd

I have a bit of an older setup and im trying to streth the last bit of life out of it before its time to move to the conroe or whatever else is big

i have

p4p800 se asus main board

2 ata 133 160 drives

3.0 prescott

1gb of value corsair

prolink 6800gt stock 350/1000 OC to 430 / 1080

tru power 430 cant remember the brand but it was a good one 80$

ive got the fsb up to 210 and everything is stable there
I had it as high as 240 but i had to underclock the memory big time to make it stable and i didnt think it was a good trade off. i guess ill try it again tonight maybe i can just got to 230 and see how that works. as it stands 210 is as high as i can go with the 3200 value ram at 1 to 1
i know noone can tell me how high i can overclock to but how high have people gotten with the 6800gts? it actualyl shows mine as 2160 and 430 when i oc but i assumed its because its double sided memory. I looked on the internet as much as i could and didnt see too many people getting past 430 core speed but my memory speed seems low. Im on stock cooling

Archangel

VIP Member
the highest ive gotten with my XFX 6800GT on stock cooling was 443 / 1200.

the memory on that card didnt seem to overclock further than that for me either.

as for the indicated speed in the drivers..its a bug in the drivers.. its running at 540MHz DDR for you atm (1080 ) but for some resons coolbits multiplies that by 2 again. anyway.. You should be able to get it to ULTRA speeds easely.. since its exacly the same card. try using ulder drivers, that might work :)

Geoff

VIP Member
it actualyl shows mine as 2160 and 430 when i oc but i assumed its because its double sided memory. I looked on the internet as much as i could and didnt see too many people getting past 430 core speed but my memory speed seems low. Im on stock cooling

Jet is right, your memory speed is not 2160. At stock it's 500Mhz, but because it's double data rate memory (not double sided :p), it runs at 1000Mhz.