Overclocking question

memory

Okay let me see if I can explain this. Let's say that I am running at 3.2ghz stable and for whatever reason and go back to stock which would be 2.4ghz.

Now I decide to back to 3.2ghz. Is it okay to go straight from 2.4ghz to 3.2ghz without causing any damage?

Seth

Yeah that should be fine, provided you're using all the same settings as you did earlier. The reason you go slowly/incrementally when first over clocking is so you don't do more than it can handle and damage something. But once you know what it can handle you can jump straight too it.

ScottALot

Same reason your parents don't put you on a TREK bike to teach you how to ride. You use a tricycle, then a fat-wheeled bike, then a TREK. But if you think it's fun to ride a tricycle later, you can still go back to the TREK w/o going through the fat-wheeled bike.

The Chad

Same reason your parents don't put you on a TREK bike to teach you how to ride. You use a tricycle, then a fat-wheeled bike, then a TREK. But if you think it's fun to ride a tricycle later, you can still go back to the TREK w/o going through the fat-wheeled bike.

That's a different way to explain things :D

Bodaggit23

Okay let me see if I can explain this. Let's say that I am running at 3.2ghz stable and for whatever reason and go back to stock which would be 2.4ghz.

Now I decide to back to 3.2ghz. Is it okay to go straight from 2.4ghz to 3.2ghz without causing any damage?

Yes, you can document your settings and put them back anytime you like.

Some BIOS's save "profiles" so you can load each one at your whim.