Overclocking Trouble

Wired

I cant seem to overclock my CPU past 2.3 at 1.33 volts. Does any one have any tips?
I have an AMD 3800 with 667RAM

Last edited:

fade2green514

AMD 3800? i used to own a 3800 x2. of course, the 3800+ is just a single core. then again you're referring to ddr2-667 memory, so you must be using AM2 socket right?

get your specs filled into the thread or people will continue to look over it and not reply.

Wired

MY system is
am2 sli deluxe
2 gig 667 ram
3800x2 cpu
80 gig hdd
550 watt duel rail rosewill psu

so i have been playing with it and i have it up to 2.25 at 1.475 volts with multiplier of 10. i have ht multiplier at 4x at mem set at 533 and pci bus locked at 100mhz.

im new to overclocking but from what i have read i think think this voltage is way to high but i cant get it to run at anything lower. can anyone help? i would like to get it up to at least 2.5 ghz. my temps are running at around 30 to 35 at this voltage.

also cpuz is reading 1.39 volts

P.S. im trying to learn how to overclock correctly but so far im not having much success, also is it normal when overclocking that when you boot out of bois it loads up but when you restart it freezes on motherboard screen causing you to have to reboot again to get into bios.?

Last edited:

Wired

I seem to have gotten it up to 2.35ghz x10 with 1.500 by lowering the ht multiplyer to 3x. i think i might be able to higher but i would have to raise the voltage more. i think that the voltage is to high and my motherboard only allows it to go up to 1.55.

thanks for any input. :)