Patriot Memory

JFHuff

Has anyone ever had trouble with patriot memory before??

So far ive bought 3 sets from newegg and only one has worked for me. There the Patriot (2x512) DDR2 667 kit. Well when the first kit came in i installed it into the mb and the computer wouldnt turn on. Tried the old ram and it worked. Tried new ram again and it still didnt work. RMA the thing and bought a new kit (trying to get 2 gigs in my system) So the second kit i bought came it and it worked fine. Installed and it runs great. The 3rd kit, the replacement for the RMA, came in. I installed it and it ran fine for about 2 days then the computer randomly restarts and it freezes during post. Took out the second set and it works fine. Reinstalled the 3rd set. Works for a couple days and then does the same thing.

Anyone have any problems like this with patriot??

TonyBAMF

I would never pick anything other then OCZ or corsair, better to have 1GB of good ram then 2GB of bad ram

JFHuff

yeah ive used kingston and corsair before and never had a problem with either. I think im sticking with corsair from now on.

TonyBAMF

Kingston although it has worked for me, gave me several crashes while gaming (my opinion as the crashes stoped when I got corsair).

lovely?

WHAT??? i've always been a HUGE fan of patriot. i think something in your system was to blame, because patriots record is perfect.(built a computer for a friend with patriot 2gb. and worked beautifully)

Jet

VIP Member
It all depends on the set you get. In general, Corsair is pretty highly recommended, though there are other brands like G.Skill that are becoming very well known for their value and overclocking ablilties.

JFHuff

WHAT??? i've always been a HUGE fan of patriot. i think something in your system was to blame, because patriots record is perfect.(built a computer for a friend with patriot 2gb. and worked beautifully)

If its something in my ststem then howcome the one set works but the other 2 dont...check my stats in my sig. The board can handle 8 gigs of ram so its not that. And its the correct speed, check the mb stats. I dunno, guess i just got unlucky. Bc the 1 gig of old ram works fine. And the new 1 gig set that works works fine. But if i try the bad set by itself it does the same thing. Randomly restarts and gets stuck at post.