PayPal: paying with my bank account

Twist86

Did the same to me when I set my bank account up with them. I just put it in again and no issues came from it.

One thing I would advise is on the bank account make sure its not part of your main one....I set mine up so it has $10 in it and then I dump the cash I want into it when I want to buy something.

Prevents the headache if your account gets compromised. You giggle when they steal $10 you are royally pissed when they take $500+

tremmor

Agreed..........just getting ready to say that. my wife was getting ready to do that. made her start a new account.

chuckwillis

Thanks for the replies. Can you open another account from the same place? Or do you have to go to another bank to do so?

I still honestly don't know what that page is for. Does PayPal automatically add take money from my bank account? Maybe the page is permission for them to do so.

Concept-V

Since we're discussing paypal, I wanted to inform you about the Nigerian Paypal scam, its very common and sneaky. Although it started with the Nigerians, now anyone can do this scam from anywhere. Here's how it works:

The scammer wants to buy your stuff and wants to send you money via paypal. The seller agrees and gives the scammer his paypal address. This is the first part of the scam. Whenenver someone legit sends you money via paypal, you get an email confirming payment. The scammer creates a fake paypal email confirmation that states that money has been recieved into your paypal account. It looks almost identical to a real paypal email payment confirmation. Most unsuspecting sellers accept this fake email as "cool, i got my money" and so they ship out the item to them. Now, some sellers are smarter than that and actually check their paypal account to see if money was actually recieved. This is the second part of the scam. The fake email contains links to the paypal login website, which is also a fake website. Most sellers will simply click on the link in the fake email, then login into their paypal account. But it's not the real paypal website, and the seller has just entered his password into this fake website and the scammer now has it. At that point, the scammer knows the email address and password for the account and can login into the real paypal website and begin making fraudelent charges, purchase or worse, send money from the victims bank account to the scammers account. This has happened many times, and I'm sure millions of $$$ have been stolen. Becareful out there. The only thing worse than a lowballer, is a scammer.

tremmor

you may be able to change account information. for sure i would want a reply back with the change. On the other hand ya may want to just cancel then start over. goto the bank and deposit maybe a $100 in a separate account.