PC Damaging Health?

Johnny Five

hi,

My PC is in my room and I leave it on all night downloading things.

What I would like to know is if this could damage my health in any way.

I have a very, very small room and my PC generates a lot of heat.

I turn off the speakers and monitor.

What I want to know is if this can damage my health?

thanks.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'm sitting here with a laptop on my chest... I should hope they wouldn't :p

I could see more so for a laptop or something with wireless, but a desktop computer I wouldn't think could really have any heath risks.

Calibretto

VIP Member
That sounds like a dumb question. no offense. I don't think it will cause anything serious. I would never think computers would have an impact of health.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I personally would not lay on my bed with my desktop on my chest, might be a health risk... Thats all I can think of though.

zaroba

the only way it would really damage your health is if it ends up heating up your room to the point that you have a heat stroke. for that it would have to take the 6-8 hours that your sleeping in your room, heat it upto over 100 degrees, and keep it there for several hours before you wake up. oh, and it would have to do it all without you noticing, which is quite doubtful :p

I personally would not lay on my bed with my desktop on my chest, might be a health risk... Thats all I can think of though.

l also would not do this, depending on how heavy your desktop is it might cave your chest in! It is a pretty weird question i never thought id hear but, no, it wont cause health issues.

fatdragon

leaving your computer might not damage your health but i know if u have a slow destop computer like me u get the flu or a cold

patrickv

hi,

My PC is in my room and I leave it on all night downloading things.

What I would like to know is if this could damage my health in any way.

I have a very, very small room and my PC generates a lot of heat.

I turn off the speakers and monitor.

What I want to know is if this can damage my health?

thanks.

no there's nothing really that will affect you.mine also stays on all night downloading but mine has a noise problem.since my cpu fan is dirty it makes noises..much louder than servers running..lol..and btw, if you want to scare the living hell out of yourself install kaspersky 5 or 6 and let it detect a virus...with your speakers on, am pretty sure you won't even sleep