PC for Parents

ChrisUlrich

Anyone know of a good spot to get a PC for my parents? They use it for solitaire, picture storage, internet, and that's pretty much it.

They had a HP that no longer works. It doesn't boot up. It sends a code that has something to do with the motherboard.

So I am trying to find a decent computer for them for about $350-$400 that has plenty of power for them. They currently have a Q9450, 6gb of ram, etc... a i'm looking for something similar or better. Any suggestions?

Vamilvas

Get them a netbook or desktop both are within your price range, you could get one online or through a local retailer. You could try fry's, best buy or Walmart.
Better yet why not upgrade their current computer?

Last edited:

Ankur

Anyone know of a good spot to get a PC for my parents? They use it for solitaire, picture storage, internet, and that's pretty much it.

They had a HP that no longer works. It doesn't boot up. It sends a code that has something to do with the motherboard.

So I am trying to find a decent computer for them for about $350-$400 that has plenty of power for them. They currently have a Q9450, 6gb of ram, etc... a i'm looking for something similar or better. Any suggestions?

I would suggest a notebook PC for the use.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220932R

daisymtc

Q9450 is not slow at all. you can hardly find something for $350 - 400 to match it.
If it is the motherboard problem, have you consider change motherboard yourself?