pc: need for speed undercover sometimes laggy

robina_80

hi there guys,

sometimes when i play NFSU its sometimes abit laggy and im thinking maybe its because im running vista on only 2gb or maybe ive got a nvidia 7600 if that is the case im going to buy extra 2gb of ram and a 4850?!? or do you think its only one of the scenario's

robina_80

dont worry guys ive ordered an extra 2gb or ram taking it up to 4gb and also ive treated myself to a nice 1gb 4850

Respital

I don't think it's your hardware i have the same problem and my hardware should be able to run it no problems.

Last edited:

G25r8cer

Man Undercover has crap for support for my Logitech G25. I was so upset Yet another waste of money

Intel_man

VIP Member
Guys, it's not his card's fault. It's the game. There's a very well known glitch for NFS Undercover for having slow frame rates out of nowhere. I've seen and heard people running that game and get unplayable frame rates with 9800GTX+.

Dystopia

try patching it, if there is one out yet. I guess, this will be fixed by the time i buy the game, its too high for me right now!

Noir

same here, even with my rig it was unplayable only got 10-20 fps and laggy especially in highway battle.

robina_80

so ive installed my new ram and GFX card but now when i open NFSUC shortcut it opens and plays the cut scene and after that my monitor goes blank, one time after the cut scene it went mad it keeped showing and changing patterns and going from different colours, ive updated my graphics drivers what else do you pep suggest?

gamerman4

I run smooth at max settings with 8800GT. My brother has an X800 which is a completely different story. Overall most recent NFS games have been hit and miss with quality control. EA's motto is rush now, patch later.

D@RKSID3

I had the same problem with another game on my laptop where the cut scene's would play and could navigate the menu, but the screen went weird and had patterns and all sorts on my screen when i actually went to play it. With mine the problem was the video card. It wasn't powerful enough to make the frame rate.

robina_80

yeah but mine is a 4850 more than powerfull enough what happens is that i run the .exe and when the cut scene finishes it goes all wierd and all i can do is restart my computer by hitting the reset button