PC "noob" quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoxrdude

ME=M
Caller=C

M: Hey, what can i help you with?
C: ahhh, my computer doesnt work.
M: OK, what where you doing on your computer?
C: ahhh, nothing really, just listening to music and it stopped working, it just shut off.
M: hmm, thats odd, where you overclocking or anything?
C: ahh, one sec, i have to get some paper towels....
M: okay
(pause)
C: back, sorry, i was cleaning up a mess, the cupholder on my computer retracted while i had my coffee cup on it.
M: theres you problem.
C: what, getting coffee on it???
M: yea.
C: i thought they had some gaurd so that liguids cant accidently get in your computer? I mean shouldnt they have a something like this, it is a cupholder????
M: no, its a CD drive, not a cup holder.

Turns out the coffee leaked into his USB ports and fried it. His computer workds though!

Some people....

Xycron

banned
I read the same thing but with tea and shorting out the front panel usb ports....

nd where exactly do you have a job working? being 15 in all...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Yeh, and the chairman of IBM in the '40s saying “I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.”
Hah, thats really strange, i ad just read that quote, then went downstairs, and on UKTV there was Jeremy ClarksonsGreatest things that changed the worlds, and he was doing computers, as i walked in, he quoted that guy from IBM about the 5 computers, that was kinda spooky, lol.....

dragon2309

Motoxrdude

Xycron said:
I read the same thing but with tea and shorting out the front panel usb ports....

nd where exactly do you have a job working? being 15 in all...
Yea beleive it or not this happens pretty fequently with pc newbs. I dont have a official job, but i have ads on local community sites as a pc/xbox repair man.

Geoff

VIP Member
stalex111 said:
Thats not necessarily a n00b thing, in case you didnt know (and i think you do, cuz your not a n00b) there is such thing as an Intel/AMD MoBo, and there is such thing as an Intel only or an AMD only MoBo so it depends what mobo hes got.
I know they have those, but the fact is he doesnt have on of those motherboards.

stalex111

geoff5093 said:
I know they have those, but the fact is he doesnt have on of those motherboards.
Right, but if we dont know that, its not hilarious...and the fact he doesnt know you have to change mobo, its not that n00bish, but still.
BTW, if OCing was illegal, what could anyone do abut it???
Actually i just came up with the solution: Could they put locks on the BIOS? (or just not have the option of changing voltages, clockspeed, or anything)

Dngrsone

VIP Member
stalex111 said:
Right, but if we dont know that, its not hilarious...and the fact he doesnt know you have to change mobo, its not that n00bish, but still.
BTW, if OCing was illegal, what could anyone do abut it???
Actually i just came up with the solution: Could they put locks on the BIOS? (or just not have the option of changing voltages, clockspeed, or anything)

Yeah, a lot of Intel chipsets don't support a lot of overclocking. That's when you have to go old-school and do hardware mods to OC.

Geoff

VIP Member
Apokarteron said:
Yeah, they wouldn't tell me how to OC over phone support...
why would they? they probably dont even know how, and if they did, why would they tell you since you'd probably mess up and ask for a refund. lol

EnglandUK

LoL, I guess we are all n00bs on one level or in one field, laughing at someone else wont make you any better, I dont like these kind of n00b threads becasue the people who gain a little knowledge seem to forget there own dumb questions and remember everyone elses, sorry to be a party pooper :p

Geoff

VIP Member
EnglandUK said:
LoL, I guess we are all n00bs on one level or in one field, laughing at someone else wont make you any better, I dont like these kind of n00b threads becasue the people who gain a little knowledge seem to forget there own dumb questions and remember everyone elses, sorry to be a party pooper :p
i bet apokartaron knows how you feel ;)

ro0kie

banned
You really can't blame evryone for being such noobs when it comes to using a computer. A lot of pple dont know anything about computers, thats why Bestbuy has Geek Squad or tech support. We were all noobs at one point, thats why we ask questions on forums to learn, although they should really check out the 101 first. But yeah thats how I learned a lot from reading through a lot of posts in this forum and online.

Apokarteron

banned
ro0kie said:
You really can't blame evryone for being such noobs when it comes to using a computer. A lot of pple dont know anything about computers, thats why Bestbuy has Geek Squad or tech support. We were all noobs at one point, thats why we ask questions on forums to learn, although they should really check out the 101 first. But yeah thats how I learned a lot from reading through a lot of posts in this forum and online.

exactly 'clkproject' where ever you are...

EnglandUK

Motoxrdude said:

C'mon, wake up please, when you dig up old quotes of people on this forum and post them thats harsh, when you name call, thats harsh too.

Looking your post count you probably are better friends with Geoff then me so I guess you would take sides cos thats who you are. Dont address me with your childish posts, think about what this thread is about and the people it makes fun of.

EnglandUK

ro0kie said:

Yep, Remember why 90% of us come here, to learn from others and share knowledge. Okay some of you come here more just to help but we all need advice on one thing or another.

OS Dragon

I was doing systems analysis as a part of my course once and there where some really computer-phobic people out there.

User: Hi, my printer won't print.
Support Centre: Yeah, maybe they're not connected.
User: Oh, they are, I've faced my monitor towards the printer.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.