PC100... PC133 Memory

mrgooey

I have a old pc that is windows 98 second edition. I wanted to upgrade the memory. I figure my memory is SDRAM, 32 MB and it is PC100. It has about 80 pins (or so). I wanted to buy a SDRAM 128 Mb Ram. However i could only find are the PC133. I was wondering if they are the same ?

Thank you :D

jp198780

pc-100 runs at 100mhz, and pc-133 runs at 133mhz, i think either will fit, look on ebay 4 a cheap pc-100 sdram ram.

mrgooey

jp198780 said:
pc-100 runs at 100mhz, and pc-133 runs at 133mhz, i think either will fit, look on ebay 4 a cheap pc-100 sdram ram.

So.. you are telling me that the pc-133 will work ?

mrgooey

Thanks for the fast reply. I was also wondering about the single sided and the dould sided. Also, some say it is Doulbe Sized. I dont really get this, can someone plz explain this to me. Thx

Last edited:

Pauly

It will work but the memory will run at the lowest speed. PC 133 will run at 100 because memory runs at the slowest speed installed. Also it will only run as fast as the front side bus is.

mrgooey

I was also wondering about the single sided and the dould sided. Also, some say it is Doulbe Sized. I dont really get this, can someone plz explain this to me. Thx

Motoxrdude

Well, single sided does NOT work with double sided and vice versa. Both ram sticks have to be either double or single sided.

Arm_Pit3

jp198780 said:
me, you's were talking about ram being double sided, and i said it only goes in 1 way.
Double sides and single sides refers to where the actully chips are places on the stick of ram.

Some RAM sticks will only have Chips on ONE side, others will have it on BOTH sides, if it is on both sides it is called double sided ram. If its on one, then its single sided ram. IT doesn't have to do with which way it goes in.

The safest route would be getting the same as what you currently have.

m0nk3ys1ms

ill go ahead and say it for me and everyone else, your very welcome, we're all glad to help you out, i never really helped much though