Physical memory> Hardware reserved is 1154MB?

sabedra211

why so much? I have 4gb installed and only 2.87 is usable? i have windows 7 home premium 64bit and intel desktop board d915gev. it reads the 4gb but it says 1154mb is reserved for hardware. i am using external audio and video devices? so idk whats going on. any thots? thanks

fair1zfoul

yeah my computer is doing the same thing, someone told me that the ram you install goes to different places, and you only use a bit of it for personal use, i dont know why or how to change the settings but im taking my computer in soon if i dont get help and ill havea technitian work on it

BrokaToe

in start menu type msconfig and open that up. Then under the Boot tab, select the Advanced options button and make sure the maximum memory is un ticked.

BrokaToe

Yah some video cards do require some system memory in order to access the onboard ram on the card. But usually not that much.

tyttebøvs

Your hardware is fixed at 4GB address space. So you are under the same restrictions as those running a 32bit edition of Windows.

msinfo32/device manager can tell you in detail how the memory addresses are assigned.