Picture is gone, please help

rizay

I went to look at my pictures on my laptop and this is what I see. I can't open any of my pictures. It tells me that "windows photo viewer can't open the picture because either photo viewer doesn't support the file format or you don't have the latest updates to photo viewer". It worked a week or two ago? I copied some of the pictures onto a flash drive and couldn't view them on my desktop. Any suggestions? I don't want to loose my pictures.
Untitled-1_zps7347559c.jpg

rizay

They are jpeg. How would every picture on my pc get corrupt at the same time? Is there anyway to fix it?

Geoff

VIP Member
Right click on a few pictures, then go to properties. What does it say for the file size for each picture?

Geoff

VIP Member
Those sizes look about right, can you try uploading some of the photos to a site like Photobucket, and see if those display the photos correctly?

beers

Staff member
I'd do a chkdsk /r

Also if you yank your flash drive without 'removing safely' and it still happens to be writing you can get some of this behavior.

rizay

I uploaded a few to photobucket. It said they are invalid. I'll try the flash drive again and see what happens.

rizay

I tried the chkdsk but it still doesn't work. I also tried the flash drive again making sure I removed it safely. No luck. Any other ideas?