Playing Games Makes Screen Go Black?

FFCFoo

Hello, So some games I play makes my computer screen turn black like the computer is off. Llike when I am playing Battlefield 2 or Minecraft, for example Minecraft, I will be playing for maybe 1 or 2 minutes and then it will go to a black screen and act like the Computer is off. I know it has to be a hardware issue since I have redone my computer by converting Windows 7 to XP. It might be my graphics card. It's a All In Wonder X800 Series, let me add that the sound from the video game goes off when my computer screen turns black. It might be a overheating problem, here is a pic of SpeedFan of my temps.

ae5bbbbe8811bb81a7aad010b474ec84.png

Sometimes the CPU and the core get up to 55 or 56, but I haven't seen it go any higher.

1337dingo

if you hit ctrl+alt+del, and open taskmgr can u stop the game and it go's to normal or cant u get that far?

FFCFoo

if you hit ctrl+alt+del, and open taskmgr can u stop the game and it go's to normal or cant u get that far?

Nope. I can't ALT+Tab or CTRL+ALT+Delete or anything like that. I have to hold the button on my pc to make it work again.

claptonman

I must have a different one. Mine's like this:

xdnt.png

Try looking around in CCC. If there's none there, there are some other third-party software that will do it.

claptonman

GPU z is a good one.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

After searching your video card, it seems like there's an intense process of installing drivers and everything. From a reviewer on Amazon:

If at anytime after a restart you get dual device sharing error messages, simply cancel out of them, restart the computer, and continue onto the next step. In those cases your computer just needs two restarts instead of one to configure properly.

Install Cat 5.13.
Restart.
Allow WDM drivers to install fully.
Restart.
MMC 9.08 part 1.
Restart.
MMC 9.08 part 2.
Restart.
MMC 9.08 part 3.
Restart.
Install Gemstar off your original driver CD.
Restart.
Install Remote Wonder II 3.03.00.
Restart.
Run Gemstar for setup, but don't let it set up TV tuner yet.
Upon Gemstar's completion (you stopped the TV), Restart again.
Open Gemstar and let it initialize your TV tuner and scan for channels.

So dunno if you need all that or not, but it might be a driver issue, also.

FFCFoo

GPU z is a good one.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

After searching your video card, it seems like there's an intense process of installing drivers and everything. From a reviewer on Amazon:

So dunno if you need all that or not, but it might be a driver issue, also.

I think it is because I don't have all the updates for my graphics card but I don't know where to get them. I tried finding them..

EDIT: Here are temps:

6e5254c2d56610a5650f465d36ca04bc.png

Last edited:

claptonman

That's a bit high. Mine runs at about 50c after playing a game. Is this after a game or just idle, browsing the internet and such?

claptonman

Yeah, that's a little high. Try dusting out your system and making better airflow. That might not be the problem, though. I would update the drivers also.

FFCFoo

Yeah, that's a little high. Try dusting out your system and making better airflow. That might not be the problem, though. I would update the drivers also.

I did airclean all my fans inluding the graphics card just a week ago. Also everytime I try to install my drivers it gives me this:

"SEVERE
Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system.
Setup will now exit."

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds exactly like the problem i had with my 6950 that would just black the screen as soon as i put it under any real stress....sounds very much like failed card.

Op have you been able to try another graphics card in your system? :)