Please help!Computer won't turn back on

shawn.cusack

I turned my computer on and as windows started my computer shut down. When I try to turn it back on all I get is the green led that signifies my computer is on. Is it a power supply problem? any ideas will help please

Mitch?

banned
have you tried overclocking your processor or memory?
unstable overclocks often fail at Windows boot.

if you haven't overclocked it may be a heat problem, is the inside of your computer clean? check to make sure there's not dust build up on fans or in heatsinks (the metal on top of the processor, it'll be noticeable) if there is just spray it out with some compressed air, or take a deep breath, close your eyes, and let out a gust or two.

I turned my computer on and as windows started my computer shut down. When I try to turn it back on all I get is the green led that signifies my computer is on. Is it a power supply problem? any ideas will help please

It deffinately sounds like all of the power supply promlems I deal with in my school. I would do some other checks if can like switching out the ram, or other stuff if you can. If not, don't waste you money on a computer repair place because they will try and rip you off. Take you best bet, and try replacing the PSU. Based on the issues described, it sounds like a power supply but I could be wrong.