Please Help Open This File!!!

stjohnson17

Hello,

I am new to the forum and had no earthly idea where to post this so I put it into general discussion. Please read over my post and try to help.

I am trying to open a file which is marked CAH. It's a saved game file and I am trying to view it to check a character's stats. My computer says I cannot open it and I am unable to find the correct program to open it. If you are aware of how to access this CAH file please post the answer or feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] with the solution. I appreciate the time and effort thanks again :).

Jet

VIP Member
Check and see where the game's saved files are located. There might be a folder in "My Documents" that contains those files.

stjohnson17

Thank you for the advice. I have already found the file. I now need to somehow open it. It is a CAH File and my computer will not open it with any of my computer's programs.

epidemik

What game is it?
IS it an online game?

Curiosity...why do you need it opened? Seems like it'd just be jibberish that the game reads. I doubt it would neatly have your stats laid out (if im understanding the question)

Deepblue

yea some games save stats and other info in text format some will save in
code ( jibberish ).

notepad is the first thing i attempt to open unknown files in you would
be suprised how many are just text files.

stjohnson17

I bet ya'll are right. I suppose that even if I could open the file it would probably look like some alien language anyway. I appreciate the help. Someone asked what game it was and the answer to that question is Battle For Middle Earth II. A fun, in my opinion, command and conquer game. Anyway I could probably just figure out his stats, give or take some, just from using him and being familiar with his damage and such. Thanks to all of you again.

stjohnson17

Yes and no my friend. It will read the file. But I would not be able to view or edit it. So yes it will open it and does, but I wanted to view specific stats and I couldn't do that. But like I said yes it reads it fine.