Please Help! RAM Upgrade issues

J_D

Hi

I've just replaced the 2 512MB RAM Modules in my PC to 2 1024MB Modules.

But now apparently I only have 1GB of RAM According to system properties and dxdiag and Everest? I have checked the specs for my motherboard and yes it supports up to 2GB of RAM, and yes I have run 2 pass's of Windows Memory Diagnostic, which came back clear. If I load up Everest home edition it confirms I have a total of 1024MB RAM but also tells me there are 2 1GB RAM Modules installed. :confused:

Please Help

Motherboard Spec's http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=577&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

Although there is also this Mobo, however I can find no difference, So I could have either one. http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=553&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

System spec's are in sig. You may notice that I am using PC2700 RAM when the Mobo doc's do not state that type of ram is supported however when I purchased my computer from "TINY" it came with PC2700 Modules installed and I've never had a problem with previous modules.

Oh and one last point. After I installed the RAM and booted up for the first time with the bootable windows memory diag floopy in. After about 4 mins the computer shut off?, To turn back on I had to either flick the plug socket back off and on or the power supply switch. It then did the same thing again, but on the third try I was able to complete 2 passes of the memory diag, after which I booted in to windows and I now find that aparently I have 1GB of ram installed. :confused:

Would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in Advance
J_D

J_D

Each stick is only being used @ 50% capacity, if either stick is used on own then only 512MB is recognised totally.

J_D

Dont know who TINY is but are you sure they didnt rip you off and sold you two 512mb. sticks?

Sorry to confuse the RAM Modules I am having issues with were purchased from Novtech, "TINY" was my original PC seller, It was a big company here in the UK till it went bust. The RAM which came with PC was All fine.
And to Clarify I have purchased 2 1GB sticks, just they are only being addressed to 50% capacity , I have confirmed this in BIOS and CPU-Z

Anyway it looks like I've got some rare problem relating to flaky mobo VIA chipset, and the RAM Chips are not 100% compat. going to get an exchange for a differnet pair.