Please help

Giatros

Dear all,

My hp pavillion lasted for 5,5 years but u know, everything has an end. So..

I am about to buy a new computer and more particularly a desktop.

1) My budget is up until $1200.

2) I want my pc to last in the long run (as much as possible)

3) I use the pc just about all day, not only as a pc but also as a tv, for chatting, phone, movies etc. I am a photographer, so I use a lot of photoshop CS5 and sometimes snagit.

4) I rarely play games (but as I used to play a lot, I might start in the future again).

5) So, performance is not a criterion for now, but more for the future needs.

6) I am not familiar with the Mac system

7) I live in the Netherlands

So, to make the long story short, I am between 3 main options

a) iMac 21,5 MC309

http://www.mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product/APPLE-iMac-MC309N-A-21-5-inch,10259,350536,180367.html

2) ASUS eee TOP ET2210 IUKS

http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Computer-Asus/Asus-eee-TOP-ET2210IUKSi32120/1234770

3) a product from dell (see below)

So the thing is that I cannot easily build my own pc here, cause there is no guaranty (not yet 100% sure though).

And I want to be sure that the Mac is going to "pay" its money. And that I would do whatever I m doing now with my hp, without any more complications.

I would select the ASUS but I read somewhere that there is no WIFI:eek: Then I checked the link and it seems to have..I will go tomorrow by the store to find out. And in general I havent find any reviews (if you have a link, plz write it down).

And as for the dell, aparently the price is sometimes even greater than the mac and there are no stores here that you can buy it (just order it from the main central store which is 200 km far).

I would like to hear your opinions on this. If you have alternatives, plz let me know.

(the price in the link is in euros, however consider it the same adjustment to dollars, i.e 1 euro=1 dollar).

Thank you:)

_Breach

If you're not going to be gaming or doing anything that requires a lot of power, then I doubt your going to need anywhere near $1200 for your PC.

I'd suggest building the PC yourself, you could save yourself quite a bit of money by doing this.

I also don't recommend buying a Mac.

Pyotr

Even if you don't get a warranty on the whole computer, you still get a warranty on the individual parts, and it is usually a good one. Only problem is you have to troubleshoot it yourself. So build it, you won't regret it... unless your RAM breaks and you spend a week in misery. :(

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Even if you don't get a warranty on the whole computer, you still get a warranty on the individual parts, and it is usually a good one. Only problem is you have to troubleshoot it yourself. So build it, you won't regret it... unless your RAM breaks and you spend a week in misery. :(

You don't get it, on that shop you can let your pc build for 30 euro. It's not much if you don't want to do it yourself.

Pyotr

Wasn't even looking at it, I was making a general point about warranties as that seemed to be the reason the OP didn't want to build a PC.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Wasn't even looking at it, I was making a general point about warranties as that seemed to be the reason the OP didn't want to build a PC.

Yep, all parts have different warranties. Every part has at least 2years of warranty, and if you let it assemble, you get a build warranty, but only if you don't open the case.

Giatros

Yep, all parts have different warranties. Every part has at least 2years of warranty, and if you let it assemble, you get a build warranty, but only if you don't open the case.

I am definitely not saying this in order to offend you (because of your age), but I have been practiced more I believe in terms of building/selecting the components of my computer. However I am used in certain "missfunctions" between separate parts that in the end drive you crazy. :(

Giatros

I am definitely not saying this in order to offend you (because of your age), but I have been practiced more I believe in terms of building/selecting the components of my computer. However I am used in certain "missfunctions" between separate parts that in the end drive you crazy. :(

Today I visited the store and I found this:

http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Computer-MP-Systeem/MP-Family-Quad-Core-I52320/1363459

*You can go to Specificaties to check what are the components.

However it does not have wireless, which is absolutely necessary. So I asked the guy there and he proposed these:

1)http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Draadloos-Netwerk-Netwerkkaarten-en-Adapters/Sitecom-WLA4000-USB-Adapter-XL/1162800

2)http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Netwerk-Homeplug-Netwerk-Adapters/ICIDU-Homeplug-Starterkit/265164

What do u think? Is there any case that I wont have the same wireless capability as I had with my hp?

And what about the rest?

thank you

Virssagòn

VIP Member

Man, I work in alternate Belgium. I've to build 2-3 pc's a day, and with very various components, the components the user selected. I know what I'm saying, I got also 3 self-build systems myself and I know what to do. Probably more then you will ever know. And I thought you were the guy asking for advice, I give you advice to choose the components yourself and let it build by the shop I linked or build it yourself. It's much cheaper and the shipping isn't expensive. It's the best shop I know in europe. This said, my advice is over, if you chose it from that site, I'll be happy to comment.