Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

bomberboysk

Nope, the passive DP to DVI adapters don't work because it's a straight signal swap. The DP to VGA adapters are actually active (even without external USB power), using some power from the display port itself to convert the signal to analog VGA. This is why they work.
Oh damnit, didnt see that you were talking displayport to vga, my bad(figured you were talking about dvi-displayport, i'm gonna play the it was early this morning excuse). The reason that the passive dvi-DP adapters will not work is the absense of a TMDS chip for the displayport, hence the need for an active one.

Gareth

26xhy42

Not long till my new desk comes, then the pain of using the top monitor can go :p

87dtna

Got my gtx275 co-op in, along with my 8800gts 512mb, over 20k PPD folding just for the GPU's :eek:

And yes yes, just running the stock cpu cooler right now. I removed the TRUE and I'm getting something lighter thats easier to take off and put back on because I swap out CPU's all the time and the TRUE is a PITA to put back on.

co-opgtssetup.jpg

The Chad

Hey Gareth, I noticed your wallpapers on those screens is the same in what you have in your sig, does that mean you also have the car??

Gareth

Hey Gareth, I noticed your wallpapers on those screens is the same in what you have in your sig, does that mean you also have the car??

Ha, I wish :D Just a car Id love to own. (I have a 99' Vauxhall Corsa SXI) :) I changed it since the pic though, to a 2005 Nissan Primera, since thats what im getting later this year :good:

bkribbs

Not much to it... Just my dad's old Dell Inspiron 6000 hooked up with an old Compaq monitor, and a wireless Logitech mouse. But it runs well and is portable, (except for the second screen of course) so I'm fine with it. Best of all, it was free:D:D:D

mmspicturem.jpg

G25r8cer

I use to have an Inspiron 6000 just like that. Someone gave it to me because the backlight's stopped working. It was a great running laptop and I wish I wouldnt have sold it.

linkin

VIP Member
Not much to it... Just my dad's old Dell Inspiron 6000 hooked up with an old Compaq monitor, and a wireless Logitech mouse. But it runs well and is portable, (except for the second screen of course) so I'm fine with it. Best of all, it was free:D:D:D

mmspicturem.jpg

Those speakers... i had a pair of those ages ago. with my old Socket A system :cool:

Aastii

VIP Member

mmspicturem.jpg

hehe had to repair one of those a few weeks back. Hated the bloody thing so much.

87dtna, what case are you running there?

Aastii

VIP Member
Antec 200, can't beat the features for the price.

damn, I thought they were tiny, but the amount of room at the end of that 275 is insane. For the price of them I may see about getting one, was looking into it but the size put me off until now

87dtna

damn, I thought they were tiny, but the amount of room at the end of that 275 is insane. For the price of them I may see about getting one, was looking into it but the size put me off until now

Yeah it's a nice size, perfect size IMO not too big not too small. Not sure if the co-op is longer than the standard 275 or not, it's a huge ass card but yeah it fits fine.

The Antec 300 is the same case in a different style, I liked the 200 because of the built in 3.5'' HDD docking station. The top fan is 140mm and rear is 120mm, both are 2 speed fans with a switch on the back. There's room in the front for 2 other 120mm fans which I have in, and it's like a wind tunnel!

87dtna

I have a CM centurion, quality isn't as good as antec though. I only paid $45 for my antec 200 locally, new.

I gotta admit though, that rosewill is pretty nice for the money. Nice find.