Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Aastii

VIP Member
Now now, no need to make this a competition :p

And yes, I play all the games I currently have installed. Every now and then I will uninstall games I havent played in a while and then later install them again because I want to play them (like Far Cry or Battlefield 1942).

Don't make me get all of the drives, that is only steam, doesn't include other games, of which most of my storage is full of, along with all but70 gb of my main drive :p

Hyper-Threaded

This is gonna be a backup computer or gift to my brother so we can play some games. I need to order a mobo, I got the money, probably tomorrow. If I get a 9800gt and a power supply, it would be a good computer. Pentium duel core 2.0, overclock it alot, 2gb ddr2 ram, 500gig hdd. Im also going to de-brand the case. Fill in the floppy bay cover and paint the front gloss black.

1023965.jpg

Jamebonds1

This is gonna be a backup computer or gift to my brother so we can play some games. I need to order a mobo, I got the money, probably tomorrow. If I get a 9800gt and a power supply, it would be a good computer. Pentium duel core 2.0, overclock it alot, 2gb ddr2 ram, 500gig hdd. Im also going to de-brand the case. Fill in the floppy bay cover and paint the front gloss black.

1023965.jpg

Or you can trying getting 260 GTX for cheap :)

MyCattMaxx

I was gonna tell you my steam account value....but it appears even steam doesnt know. Keeps saying found 0 games and that I have been a member since 1970 (not sure Steam was around in 1970).

But anyway, I own 109 games. So Id say thats about $5,000 in games give or take. :p
The internet as we know it wasn't even around then.
Nobody had personal computers back then either.
Pong didn't come out until 1972.

Hyper-Threaded

I got a power supply with a 14amp (168watt) second 12v rail, a 9800gt has a tdp of 106w, I feel I bytellninga moment coming, lol. Ill buy a new power supply.

Jamebonds1

The internet as we know it wasn't even around then.
Nobody had personal computers back then either.
Pong didn't come out until 1972.

Oh surely, there is computer long ago. The first computer game with vector display in 1950, first personal computer in 1965 and first internet in 1960s. There is a lot of history from wikipedia. For oldest internet in about 1980s, it can take about one hours to download the small picture.

I got a power supply with a 14amp (168watt) second 12v rail, a 9800gt has a tdp of 106w, I feel I bytellninga moment coming, lol. Ill buy a new power supply.

ouch. Not good :( I'm pretty sure that bytellninga wouldn't come back or something.

Last edited:

G80FTW

Oh surely, there is computer long ago. The first computer game with vector display in 1950, first personal computer in 1965 and first internet in 1960s. There is a lot of history from wikipedia. For oldest internet in about 1980s, it can take about one hours to download the small picture.

ouch. Not good :( I'm pretty sure that bytellninga wouldn't come back or something.

I believe it was Tim Sweeny who said the internet was invented in 1969, but was not put into practical use until the 80s.

spirit

Staff member

Should be perfectly fine for a 9800 GT. :D Joking of course, get something better.

I have a 9800 GT in my Core. 2. QUUAADD rig. Mine is the "power efficient" one so it doesn't need a 6-pin PCI Express power connector. Decent card, even plays Dirt 3 at high at 1280x1024 with a good FPS. :)

SuperDuperMe

So with my psu recently blowing up i took th eopportunity to get my wires in my case sorted. I think i did an ok job. Shame the interior isnt black it would look much better.

DSC01753.jpg

SuperDuperMe

Nope lol. Im broke. But iv got 3 job interviews in the next couple of weeks :D (well 2 apprenticeships and one job)

All in the Social Housing sector so im pretty psyced :D

My first apprenticeship offer is for investment and regenration/customer services officer. If i get taken on properly into a job in investment and regen thats a 30k a year job so im hoping i do well enough in the apprenticeship to be taken on :D:D:D

SuperDuperMe

Yep lol, it means i can finally get an upgrade on my gpu/cpu and PSU now that thats gone :p

(thinking about it though, that means a new mobo/ram/windows so i may as well just buy a new pc if i get taken on :p)

spirit

Staff member
Hahaha. :) I'll be the first to spec you a build if you get taken on.

Going to put my specs back in my signature I think. ;)

SuperDuperMe

Lol im hoping for a 2500k gtx 580 minimum if i get taken on :p but thats providing they give me an officer post rather than just admin :p Iv got a lot to prove to make that happen :p

spirit

Staff member
Well I wish you the very best of luck. The 2500K's an awesome processor, got one myself. :) That paired with a GTX 580 and other good stuff should last you for quite a long while!

MyCattMaxx

The first successfully mass marketed personal computer was the Commodore PET introduced in January 1977
PC's didn't really take off til the 80's.
Early internet was for the military only then later a couple of universities linked themselves together.
The internet as we know it now didn't start until late 80's.