Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Jamebonds1

This is my new motherboard with i3 Sandy Bridge. SATA wire look better and clean.

IMG_6657.jpg

wolfeking

banned
its not a k series and is a sandy bridge processor. Much above 108 base clock and you BSOD. I can't do more than 102 base clock on mine.

wolfeking

banned
there may not be room for it in the back of his case. It looks like its pretty tight between the case panel and the motherboard panel.

wolfeking

banned
fans make the world go round though. I have 6 in my case. :)

It might be better too if he used some zip ties on them. one bundle looks better than 50 trillion wires in all directions every time.

spirit

Staff member
Hmm true I have 4 in my case (not including the fan on the PSU, graphics card and CPU cooler).

Yeah I think zip-tying them would be his best bet.

wolfeking

banned
well I don't count them. If I did, it would be 9 fans. :)

Yep, zip ties can fix everything. That is when bondo and duct tape won't.

spirit

Staff member
Duct tape works! :p

DSCF8495.jpg

Just doesn't look as pretty.

Anyway, another suggestion for Jamebonds would be to route some of fan cables actually directly behind the motherboard, in between the board and the tray. The fan cables are so thin you should easily be able to do that.

Jamebonds1

its not a k series and is a sandy bridge processor. Much above 108 base clock and you BSOD. I can't do more than 102 base clock on mine.

Yeah. It getting to be voltage and base clock issued, but i'm not sure.

Plus, one thing really cool is i can switch different BIOS. main or backup.

Cable management!! lol

Hmm true I have 4 in my case (not including the fan on the PSU, graphics card and CPU cooler).

Yeah I think zip-tying them would be his best bet.

well I don't count them. If I did, it would be 9 fans. :)

Yep, zip ties can fix everything. That is when bondo and duct tape won't.

Lol. I used cable ties :)

Darren

Staff member
Zip ties are the best idea. Tape just seems like a no no. Although my wireless adapter is taped to my desk so it doesn't get pushed off. :D Super old desk so there's going to be a duct tape mark there forever.

spirit

Staff member
Zip ties are the best idea. Tape just seems like a no no. Although my wireless adapter is taped to my desk so it doesn't get pushed off. :D Super old desk so there's going to be a duct tape mark there forever.

Yeah I was joking lol, cable ties are the best for the interior of the case, but if you have to you can use tape behind the motherboard tray like I did with the C2Q machine above.