Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Life

banned
I don't ever remember telling you back when you were Dragunov that my name was Jason? But you probably saw people on here call me Jason anyway. :D

Duuuuuuude.... We talked quite often, and I was told by you, that you name was Jason:D I think...:)

wolfeking

banned
Just getting tired of this system. Likely redoing it really soon (tomorrow), so before shots.

GEDC1106.jpg

GEDC1110.jpg

GEDC1112.jpg

GEDC1113.jpg

GEDC1114.jpg

spirit

Staff member
God it looks like there is barely any room at all between the motherboard tray and the side panel. How the heck do you get the panel back on? I have a job getting mine on, but your cables look much thicker than mine.

wolfeking

banned
simply put, it does not go back on. With only the EPS 12V cable in there, you have to bend the side panel to make it fit. Add more cables, and the latches don't reach on both ends.

spirit

Staff member
Can't a very good case. It's all very well people seeing the 912 has cable management holes and then they scream "OH MY GOD IT'S AWESOME FOR CABLE MANAGEMENT!", but what good are those holes if you can't even put the cables through them without being able to get the side panel back on?

wolfeking

banned
6970, its unlocked and overclocked.

And it is there because they are so poorly constructed that removing the cover in order to clean it ends in a busted cover.

wolfeking

banned
Can't a very good case. It's all very well people seeing the 912 has cable management holes and then they scream "OH MY GOD IT'S AWESOME FOR CABLE MANAGEMENT!", but what good are those holes if you can't even put the cables through them without being able to get the side panel back on?
It is not well designed at all. The steel it is made from is half decent, but weak (could be at least 1/4" thicker to be decent strength). The spacing between the mobo tray and the back panel is just a joke. Quite literally 1" or less. The fact that they (CM engineers) had the stupid idea to rivet the DVD drive cage to the plate, so you can't move the plate without also moving the 5.25" cage, and thus a complete lack of space, and lack of ability due to the front panel. Removing the 5.25" cage would work, and allow the mobo tray to be moved, and give you more space, but it would also require the modification of the PCI brackets (as the mobo moves out, the brackets also need to move, or your GPU/RAID card/Sound card/whatever else will move with it, and thus necessitate the moving of the bracket.

Basically, a 912 is not a meccano set. The design is horrible, and you can't just change things around without messing with the whole design.

Oh,i see.

I never liked the stock cooler on my XFX 6950,It was loud...ran hot,Then died. :D
chances are if it was running hot enough to kill it, that there was a problem with your card itself, not the cooler.
Both of mine run about 50* under load at 1.175V 950MHz/1450MHz (the highest stable clock between both cards. The lower card in the picture will do 1030MHz core and almost 2000MHz on the memory. But CF will not allow that).

spirit

Staff member
Looks like less than an inch of space between the tray and the panel. Looks about the same as mine, a few milimetres. Really not good enough. At the moment I'm running my system without that side panel on, and yes, cables are hanging out of it, but I should be getting my replacement SSD soon and I can't be bothered to keep taking the cover on and off. I'll put it back on when I get my SSD back.

claptonman

I've built two computers now with the 912, and I fit every single cable in the back of it. It's a good case for people with low-end systems who don't care what kind of caes they have.

FuryRosewood

Wolf how loud are the corsair SP fans? im considering replacing all my fans on my antec 1200 with them so they can actually be turned off when im not doing anything and be easier to manage in between.

wolfeking

banned
They are not loud at all. Really, I have yet to have a loud fan. Well, that is, with GPU fans at 25-30% (lowest they go), The GPU is always louder than the 120's I run (CoolerMaster R4-S2S-124K-GP and Corsair SP120 High Static Pressure). Keep in mind none of these are PWM capable, meaning that they are running at full all the time.

Jamebonds1

They are not loud at all. Really, I have yet to have a loud fan. Well, that is, with GPU fans at 25-30% (lowest they go), The GPU is always louder than the 120's I run (CoolerMaster R4-S2S-124K-GP and Corsair SP120 High Static Pressure). Keep in mind none of these are PWM capable, meaning that they are running at full all the time.

You're able to control fan by use BIOS at all? Like I'm able to control non-PWM fan by use BIOS.

wolfeking

banned
You can set the RPM all you want, it will not do a thing to the fan. RPM control, without voltmodding them, is done with the PWM wire. Otherwise, they are fixed RPM @ 12V. You can mod them to be slower at 7V, 5V, or 3V, but I do not recommend it, as fans are quiet up to 4000+ RPM.