Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Managed to (sort of) successfully improve the cable management in my Icute case. I also removed the 14" fan as the noise was unbearable.
2ls8nbc.jpg

I know the cable management is still far from perfect. I am still managing to maintain temperatures of around 43oC ( 44, 41, 44, 46 ) on Idle. It is a Core 2 Quad Q8200 with stock (less than adequate) cooling, so I guess everything is good.

The cable management in the base:
iz6geb.jpg

Toast

I like how you just have a 'spare' Q6600, 16GB of RAM and 8800 GT lying around. ;)

If I put together a machine made out spares it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as that.

My spare machine is a Q8200, 8800gt, and 8gb of ddr2... Haha. SO I'm close.

Also, you up there with the Q8200, that's weird, because my stock 8200 had idle temps in the 30s, if I remember correctly.

Anyway here's my baby. Just got the new Samsung SSD in there (hidden in the back since I didn't have a tray, mind you)

8859_134724670041254_1097770226_n.jpg

487771_134724683374586_1609466230_n.jpg

254936_134724693374585_1343987535_n.jpg

WEI just for kicks-

8622537879_5035bda5dd_c.jpg

And with that, I think I'm done for now. I know the 8350's have some really great OCing potential but I'm just going to enjoy my rig the way it is. It's very fast and I love it. So there.

Last edited:

Toast

Eventually I'm just gonna go with a nice modular Corsair PSU or something like that. I only need like 500w anyway. Money is tight right now (just bought the SSD) so now I'm saving for a different PSU.

PCunicorn

500W is a lot for a cheap PSU. And wolfe, the better semi-modulaur have all the cables you will use attatched and little more.

87dtna

There's nothing really wrong with a semi modular. Most of the time a semi modular will just have the 24 pin, the CPU 8 pin, and 1 or 2 PCIe cables non modular. You will be using these anyway. The better semi modular PSU's will have a 4+4 pin EPS connector, so it will only be a single cable not 2 cables.

Case in point, the new CX500m from corsair, the only non modular items are the 24 pin and the 4+4 pin EPS-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139050

Corsair really did good here, I never liked recommending the lower end corsairs because they weren't modular. Now they've created the ultimate bang for the buck PSU.

Last edited:

PCunicorn

No S***. You rekon? The issue is that more than a few of them carry EPS and P4 by default, meaning that no matter what system you have or what you use CPU wise, there is always a cable extra at a minimum. Full modular or don't bother with it, period.

If you don't like it, don't use it, 'period'. But some people do like it, so deal with it.

87dtna

if you say so, but the ones I have used had 2 CPU power (EPS and p4) and the 24 pin. Meaning they had 1 useless cable at a minimum.

To me the whole exercise is useless seeing as you don't save any money with semi modular, and full modular is cleaner, and without the useless cable.

Just because the ones you used did doesn't mean they are all like that and you can't make a blanket statement of just saying to skip ALL semi modular PSU's. A semi modular that just has a 24 pin, a 4+4 pin EPS, and perhaps even a PCIe cable non modular will be no less clean of an install than a fully modular PSU, and the semi will be much cheaper.

The CX600m is only $60 after MIR right now, an amazing deal. Find a fully modular PSU of equal strength and quality and you're looking at $100 atleast, with much more limited choices as well. Newegg has 58 fully modular PSU's, and 161 semi modular currently.

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

It is not like we started fighting here but I will say that wolf is right about PSU. Fully modular would give more freedom and great for workstation. Plus some workstation motherboard would requirment special cable. The only one problem are If more video card, hard drive is less and if more hard drive, video card is less.

Semi Modular is good choose for gaming and affordable.

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

No S***. You rekon? The issue is that more than a few of them carry EPS and P4 by default, meaning that no matter what system you have or what you use CPU wise, there is always a cable extra at a minimum. Full modular or don't bother with it, period.

I dont see where you are getting at with full modular...semi is fine, because the bare min cables will be attached, and if you need more, just attach em...

FuryRosewood

Just because the ones you used did doesn't mean they are all like that and you can't make a blanket statement of just saying to skip ALL semi modular PSU's. A semi modular that just has a 24 pin, a 4+4 pin EPS, and perhaps even a PCIe cable non modular will be no less clean of an install than a fully modular PSU, and the semi will be much cheaper.

The CX600m is only $60 after MIR right now, an amazing deal. Find a fully modular PSU of equal strength and quality and you're looking at $100 atleast, with much more limited choices as well. Newegg has 58 fully modular PSU's, and 161 semi modular currently.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

PCunicorn

Jamebonds, those are the cables, and could be attatched (or come with in modulaur) with/on any PSU, modualuar or not.

PCunicorn

Modulaur PSUs have cables you can attatch and disattatch. Semi modulaur PSUs have some cables you can attatch and disattatch and some are pre-attatched to the PSU, and not removable. Non-modululaur PSUs only have pre attatched cables, not removable. So you can get a modulaur, semi modualuar, or non modulaur PSU that could be fine for gaming, or one that has a speicial cable for a workstation, etc.