Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

Mr.Moose

Why is the 8-pin CPU power cable hanging around like that? Didn't it reach from the PSU to the 8-pin from around the rubber gromets from the back of the case?
The black theme looks good to me, except there are too many cable that are seen. Is you H100 push-pull intake or throws out air?

Yeah, the CPU power cable doesn't reach around the back, that pissed me off... Yeah I agree, it looks way too messy. I may end up selling my PSU to a friend who's looking to SLI his 580's and buy a fully modular 750W AX series PSU, and buy those individually braided PSU cables from corsair. May also take out the optical drive bay completely and plug it in externally when it's necessary that I use it, as like alot of people I'm finding myself using it less and less as at this point it's just adding more cables to the mess. Currently the H100 is pulling air from inside the case, and exhausting it out, over the radiator. In the future I plan on setting it up in push/pull since I have quite a few spare 120's laying around.

Jamebonds1

Yeah, the CPU power cable doesn't reach around the back, that pissed me off... Yeah I agree, it looks way too messy. I may end up selling my PSU to a friend who's looking to SLI his 580's and buy a fully modular 750W AX series PSU, and buy those individually braided PSU cables from corsair. May also take out the optical drive bay completely and plug it in externally when it's necessary that I use it, as like alot of people I'm finding myself using it less and less as at this point it's just adding more cables to the mess. Currently the H100 is pulling air from inside the case, and exhausting it out, over the radiator. In the future I plan on setting it up in push/pull since I have quite a few spare 120's laying around.

Might want to keep DVD internal inside tower case for if you need to reinstall OS, install some game, burn picture, burn music or watch movie.

FuryRosewood

Route the 12v cpu power close to the motherboard, under the graphics card, that will get it out of the way. I did that when my 12v wouldnt fit behind the case panel, then i got a psu with a long enough reach, in my experience the tx series 12v power isnt long enough for full towers

Mr.Moose

Well, Ankur and Clapton were right, it would fit :eek: I think when I first tried I tried running it through a different grommet than the one *RIGHT* next to the PSU... Silly me. After thinking about it for a second, I realized there's no way Corsair would release a power supply that had wires that wouldn't reach in their own case. Also, ended up taking out the optical drive, and stuffing a lot of the unnecessary wires there. (USB 3.0, wires that hooked up to the hot-swap bay etc) Pictures of that below...

Cleaned it up a bit, here's a before/after:

casecomparison.png

Same as in the previous picture, just larger:

cleanedupcase.jpg

When you see it in normal light condition, you can't see the wires up top, really:

cleanedupcasedark.jpg

5.25 bays now occupied with wires:
scaled.php

And finally, the back of my case:

scaled.php

I'll put up some more photo's after I organize a little more, add some lights, and possibly switch out the ram for some red vengance DIMM's. Should look pretty sexy imo :D

Mr.Moose

nice result, you got it to a clean look

Thanks... Upon reviewing the pictures again, I may route those wires that are currently at the top, coming out from the 5.25" bay area, and route them behind the 5.25" bay's. Similar to what I did with my fan controller wires if you look at the last photo of the back.

Mr.Moose

I'm not touching the inside of my case for a week >.> re-routing cables is a pain in the ass! Haha, anyways here it is, the final product:

img0099co.jpg

And with no flash:

img0096hf.jpg

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Can I ask why the PCIe cables are as they are? If you were to swap them you could have them so they do not cross and have more cable behind. Apart from that (very) minor point, that is a hell of a good setup so far as cable management is concerned :good:

jonnyp11

Can I ask why the PCIe cables are as they are? If you were to swap them you could have them so they do not cross and have more cable behind. Apart from that (very) minor point, that is a hell of a good setup so far as cable management is concerned :good:

Agreed but the parts themselves are great IMO too

Mr.Moose

Yep, just flipped them around. Wont bother posting new pictures for it though :eek:

Waiting for some red vengeance, and LED strips/cathode tubes for more photo's.

spirit

Staff member
Looks really good Mr.Moose! It's gonna be even better when you get the other stuff!

I'll have to upload some new photos of my PC once I get my Radeon 5870 and install it. :) My cable management isn't quite so good though. :D

Jamebonds1

After my 5 hours work of re-route wire.

IMG_6413.jpg

Not so easy to put wire on back due to small space with plate.

IMG_6414.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

It is much better and more space for my video card's exhaust.

What do you guy think about my wire route?

spirit

Staff member
It's getting better James but you've still got a lot of cables hanging around by the optical drives and towards the rear of the chassis. Can the CPU power cable go behind the motherboard tray or is the cable too short?