Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

philaaay

does anyone know where i can get that macintosh-style bar menu plugin for the windows desktop? a lotta desktops seem to have it on here and just curious on where i can get it. thanks!

Ben

VIP Member
does anyone know where i can get that macintosh-style bar menu plugin for the windows desktop? a lotta desktops seem to have it on here and just curious on where i can get it. thanks!

The reason the desktops have the mac finder bars is because that is Mac OS X. Not Windows. And if you would like to get it, you can either use Object bar, or buy a Mac.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hey, not bad for XP...

untitledhj7.jpg

What do you think?

Kabu

banned
@ Kornowski - Looks good! I always hated Glassy Blue

@ Agesilaus - I like the view :)

Here's mine for today. I am constantly changing mine, sometimes daily...

21216410if4.jpg

heyman421

banned
they perform really well.

they've all got super low latency ram, and osx has used a prefetching system long before vista came out, so everything feels like a smoothly integrated program, with much less loading time between launching programs compared to windows.

the only acception i'd mention is the video editing program, which is obviously huge.

prefetching cuts down on peak application speed, compared to windows, but i guess that's just the tradeoff for a smoothly flowing multitasking experience

TheCustomer99

Macs look really nice, I've never actually been on one, How do they perform?

They do work very well. On my PC, if one program is stuck and freezing up, then all other programs would have the same problem. On my MacBook though, if one program freezes up (which is very rare), all other programs will continue to function normally. Perhaps I just need a new PC though.

Ben

VIP Member
yeah its the Zune theme ;) ....what blue colour you talking about though?

I don't understand this. In the UK, people spell it as "colour", in the US, people spell it as color. Which is right? Because Firefox spell check corrects it as "color". I just don't get that. And whats the deal with you changing your avatar so much? Is it like once a week or something? :p :D