Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

tlarkin

VIP Member
penguins are pretty sweet, on my linux box I got probably 50 or so random penguin pics on my linux boxes. I got a few turtle ones too!

Ben

VIP Member
well there is no such thing as a low end mac, so their price tier is a bit higher, however, you can buy dual G5 tower desktops on ebay for a nice price, and a brand new mac mini is not too absurd either.

I do agree though, they need to make a mid range mid tower for macs which is not an all in one machine. the imacs are fairly priced for what they offer but not everyone wants an all in one machine.

If I had the money, I would most definitely go out and buy either a Macbook, or a Mac Pro, and I'd even be happy with a Mac Mini, as those are really nice computers. But seeing as I'm only 13, I don't have a job, and I just bought a $650 Guitar. I won't be buying many computer related things for a while :p

Actually, the first thing I would buy if I had some money, is a new LCD Monitor. I'm really disliking this 16" CRT. There's never enough space on the screen, even with the res at 1280x1024.

tlarkin

VIP Member
If I had the money, I would most definitely go out and buy either a Macbook, or a Mac Pro, and I'd even be happy with a Mac Mini, as those are really nice computers. But seeing as I'm only 13, I don't have a job, and I just bought a $650 Guitar. I won't be buying many computer related things for a while :p

Actually, the first thing I would buy if I had some money, is a new LCD Monitor. I'm really disliking this 16" CRT. There's never enough space on the screen, even with the res at 1280x1024.

yeah well when you are like 15 you can get a job, and living at home is easy to save money. I know when I was living at home and working part time I could buy all kinds of useless crap because my income was completely disposable.

Ben

VIP Member
yeah well when you are like 15 you can get a job, and living at home is easy to save money. I know when I was living at home and working part time I could buy all kinds of useless crap because my income was completely disposable.

The only reason I don't want a job and to get older, and whatnot. Taxes :) Then I'll have to save for car insurance, monthly bills, etc etc.

And I know being homeschooled is going to help a lot, then I can work during the school year and make more money.

tlarkin

VIP Member
The only reason I don't want a job and to get older, and whatnot. Taxes :) Then I'll have to save for car insurance, monthly bills, etc etc.

And I know being homeschooled is going to help a lot, then I can work during the school year and make more money.

if your parents claim you as a dependent and you live in their household they already pay taxes on you and you can claim exempt, and on top of that if you make less than like 8,000 per a year you don't even have to file taxes. Plus if you claim zero, since you have no dependents you will never owe taxes, you will get a refund every tax season since you are over paying what you actually owe out of every paycheck.

car insurance is not that bad if you parents add you on their policy, i think mine was like $45 per month or something like that. taking drivers Ed and having good grades also lowers your insurance.

there is always billion reasons not to do something

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update :)

jgj.jpg

Impulse666

penguins are pretty sweet, on my linux box I got probably 50 or so random penguin pics on my linux boxes. I got a few turtle ones too!

i've got around 5000 high res wallpapers on my computer as of now. totalling around 3 gigs. mostly animals and nature which are pretty sick, and a decent amount of abstract ones. no logos or watermarks on any. just simple.

thanks simon! :D

Irishwhistle

I suppose some people just like the functionality of windows better and are used to how it works etc, but prefer certain aspects of the Mac user interface. I can understand this, but personally I prefer some of the User interfaces I can achieve using windows style themes alone. However the new OS from Mac does look very nice indeed, and functional too I must admit. Each to his own I suppose.

Actually, I find the functionality of Mac to be better. ;)

~Jordan

monoman

Actually, I find the functionality of Mac to be better. ;)

~Jordan

I must say I haven't really used macs enough to make a solid comparison between the two. Perhaps this is why I myself, and the majority of people would tend to gravitate towards windows on this matter, because we are somewhat ignorant to macs, and happily comfortable with windows. :)

I never saw any need to learn much about macs too because windows has always provided a good enough platform for me.

Irishwhistle

I must say I haven't really used macs enough to make a solid comparison between the two. Perhaps this is why I myself, and the majority of people would tend to gravitate towards windows on this matter, because we are somewhat ignorant to macs, and happily comfortable with windows. :)

I never saw any need to learn much about macs too because windows has always provided a good enough platform for me.

That's what I thought until I tried a Mac. :)

~Jordan

Impulse666

i'm currently getting used to linux before i (hopefully) become comfortable enough with it to replace vista and dual boot it with xp.

heres my linux box
4t6x5sl.png

Last edited: