Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

yaMI pleHouY

This is my desktop(s). I'm running two monitors. The reason there's a b unch of black at the bottom of the one on the left is, because it's running at a much lower res. What can I say, it was free.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
MatrixEVO said:
I don't think that I have done this yet, so here is my desktop (I am all about static simplicity):

Why dont you insert the full image?

Anyways, heres mine:
desktop.jpg

I really dont like "simple", since its much easier to click on an icon on the desktop then going through the start menu or random folders.

MatrixEVO

geoff5093 said:
I really dont like "simple", since its much easier to click on an icon on the desktop then going through the start menu or random folders.

I have alot of shortcuts and folders and subfolders in my quick launch, I don't mind having to click 2 more times then you do.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

I have alot of shortcuts and folders and subfolders in my quick launch, I don't mind having to click 2 more times then you do.

I create menus when possible. All my games and other apps are launched via menus I have created in my taskbar. Also I'm able to create menus that I can launch via a button press on my keyboard.

Here is an example, works for me.

desktopexample.jpg

Last edited:

MatrixEVO

geoff5093 said:
How do you create folders like that with the word "games" or "other" next to it?
Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\(USER)\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch Then create a new folder.

EXAMPLE:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093
How do you create folders like that with the word "games" or "other" next to it?

Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\(USER)\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch Then create a new folder.

Or if You don't use quicklaunch (which I don't). Create a folder anywhere (I like My Documents folder) and give it a name (Games as an example)... Then right click on your taskbar, goto toolbars, New Toolbar. Goto were you created your folder and choose it as your new toolbar.

alyoob

Rambo said:
Where can I get motion backgrounds/wallpapers that change every 5 mins or so? For XP Pro by the way....

Oh yeah, and also, I see people with these lovely desktop themes and all have is the blue and green one (default?), sliver one (that's ok..) and......Olive green!! (eeeughhh, horrible scheme to me...). I only have three? Is there an online resource where they share schemes that peple have made?

Cheers,
Rambo.

i got it with my aol software

yaMI pleHouY

CmoAMD said:
Hey Yami what messenger was that?
I use two messengers, Gaim and Xfire. Gaim is just you're run of the mill all in one messenger. Xfire is a messenger that allows you to talk to people while playing games. It's also easier to find the servers your friends are on. If you have the game installed it'll let you join them by clicking a button. It's a handy program to have, if you're a gamer that is.