Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

spirit

Staff member
It is a lovely picture. I have hundreds of wallpapers stored on my hard drive, most from various Windows 7 themes I've downloaded. Got some nice ones of wolves. One of them looks a bit like your avatar.

Some random info about my computer:

tumblr_m7lx8jnLvz1rr8jsmo1_1280.png

spirit

Staff member
wolfeking said:
Is there a purpose to leaving speedstep on?
I just leave it on because I don't want my 2500K to be running at 4.3GHz all the time. Still a perfectly stable overclock for me, not had any issues since I lowered the overclock from 4.5 to 4.3.

spirit

Staff member
True, but it's generally deemed to be better if you turn it off.

One thing I don't get is I was encoding a video whilst I took that screenshot just to run the CPU up to 4.3GHz, but I see that RealTemp reported the clockspeed of the CPU to be 4.25GHz and yet CPU reported it to be 1.6GHz? 1.6GHz is the SpeedStep idling speed if you like. Kind of weird.

spirit

Staff member
RealTemp was lying to you. If you look at the CPU gauge, your only running 12% usage. That would not send speedstep to the top speed at all.

That explains it, thought RealTemp wasn't that accurate for clockspeeds. I suppose I should have run something like Prime95 or BurnTest to run it up to 100% usage.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Me gusta those gadgets. I downloaded them all :good:

I remember back when I used Rainmeter religiously. I'm sure if you found my old posts in this thread you'd see it.