Printer Suggestions

MineIQ1701

My mom went ahead and took the family to work for some reason. She says she will bring it back but I doubt it. I've been wanting my own printer for a while anyways, so I decided to go ahead ahead and get one. Something simple, I just need to be able to print color, copy, and scan, so something simple and not terribly expensive will do. I'm not sure of my budget since I don't know how much they cost.

salvage-this

Do you have problems with Ink drying out before you use all of the cartridge? If you do go for a small Laser printer.

How much do you print?

tremmor

I like HP. There are others that are cheaper but they get ya on the ink.
I would look at the prices of the ink cartridge. Its the capacity of the cartridge that
matters. I can get low or twice as much it seems. Check a office supply store or radio shack. Office supply ya might get a floor model and save a few dollars but thats usually
at the end of the year and save a few dollars. They are not expensive.

salvage-this

^Good Advice

I work at Office Max and from the printers that I have there here are the good cartridges to look for

HP photosmart/deskjet printer that uses HP 564/564XL (200pg/400pg)

HP Office Jet 6700/6600 uses the 932blk/933clr or 932XL/933XL (400pg/1000pg)

Photosmarts are usually around the $100 mark but you can find them on sale for cheaper. Office Jet 6600/6700 can usually be found on sale for $140ish.

There is also an HP 4620 that uses the 564 cartridges and is built like a business machine so it uses less of the 564s ink while printing. I think that one comes in around $100 as well.

Don't get anything with a tri color cartridge. Get one that has 3 separate colors. You will save on ink.

Those would be my recommendations.

I believe that Lexmark boasts the lowest cost per page but personally I think they are terrible printers.

Printer

Go to either HP.com or Epson.com and look at their printers. One might suit your needs. They deliver them quickly. Also, Staples has some floor models but don't get taken.