Problem building my PC

ren3gade

Okay, so I have an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6300 and I'm using a Centurion Cooler Master case. I connected the POWER SW cable to the PW input, the RESET SW to the RES input, the H.D.D. LED cable to the HD input, and the SPEAKER cable to the SPEAK input (basically the cases cables to the F_PANEL). The are 2 single cables tied together. One has a + on it and the other has a - on it--I'm not sure where those go. Also, there is nothing in the PWR_LED input. I think I have everything else set up fine. It started for a couple seconds earlier, then it stopped.

Does anyone have any help they can offer? It would be much appreciated.

Oh, I'm sure I put the + side and the - sides on the right sides.

Thanks in advance.

I would check your PSU, the polarity of the wires usually doesnt matter (i think i have switched them like 5 times). Make sure you dont have a dead PSU.

I know the PSU is working cause the case fan is spinning.

And by the way, these are all new parts that came in the mail today.

Specs:

Centurion Coolmaster

S Series MB Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

GeForce 7900

HIPRO TOP-500P5 ATX V2.01 500W Power Supply

Intel 2 Duuo Core E6300

RAM 512x2

Western Digital 160G Hard Drive

Samsung 18x DVD Burner with Lightscribe

take out all the other switches and concentrate on the power one. try every combination for that switch as sometimes the printing on the motherboard is off. it cant do any damage doing this as long as the power is off when you are changing it. the fact that it is turning on means you have 1 pin set correctly so try pivoting it around either pin to help you figure it out.
i used to use this on old 333mhz machines and never had any problems

i think i had the same problem with mine, it started up and then cut off 2 secs or so later?
what i did to stop it was unplugging one of the case fans from the PSU and trying to starting it up then.
if it stays on, then plug the fan back in while it is on. i didn't have to do this more than once and it works perfect now.

Master Mind

erm.... i have those experience .... but that time is my casing problem ... after i changed the casing then ok already.... try to reinstall all the hardware especially the processor.

i think i had the same problem with mine, it started up and then cut off 2 secs or so later?
what i did to stop it was unplugging one of the case fans from the PSU and trying to starting it up then.
if it stays on, then plug the fan back in while it is on. i didn't have to do this more than once and it works perfect now.

Exactly what happened to me too and same advice, remove the case fan, and turn the PC on, it should power on, then (i'd rather turn it off before this) connect the case fan back on, if it works, you're set!! If it doesn't maybe its your PSU, it could be damaged somehow.....

Back